Pledge Reward Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Koldar, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

Pledge reward deeds will not be taxed, deeds purchased via the Add-On store OR in game will be taxed. I agree on the lack of clarity on RG's part.

For example, a Citizen pledge tier states:
    Rent free, Village Level Property Deed, transferable between players.​

From the Add-On Store village deed:
    NOTE: Village Lot Properties will not be exclusive to the Add-On Store, and may also be available in the game. Village Lot Property Deeds purchased through the Add-On Store will have an in game currency tax that must be paid monthly or the lot reverts to being for sale and the Lot Deed is returned to the owner. Backers at Citizen level and above receive a tax exempt Lot Deed. All lot deeds are transferable between players. First priority will be given to backers for lot choice. The order will be determined by amount of pledge. Backers will be given an exclusive window to choose their lots. Each backer can choose exactly one lot during the window. The next window will be given to those who purchase lots from the Add On Store. After that window lot choice will be open to all player

Time Lord and Koldar like this.
  2. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Yes. You are a backer if you have supported the game at any level, period. If you support the game at the Citizen level or higher, at any time, you will get the tax-free deed. If you originally backed the game prior to May 20th 2013, you are considered at Founder and can upgrade at Founder prices. If you originally backed the game after May 20th 2013, you are considered a Benefactor and can upgrade at the Benefactor level.

Does this answer your question?

3. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

So far I have pledged to the game back in March via the SOTA website as a "Virtual Collector" which is rendered in the spreadsheet as Royal Archivist (gold). I intend to upgrade my pledge to Explorer for the future episodes, beyond that is hard to say whether I'm willing to commit at this point. I'd sooner consider a plot on the store and do the monthly thing. I'm just concerned that if I then change my mind and decide I think that the land rush will be a big issue, it's a lot extra to spend now when I still don't know the duration of the priority placement windows and how much an issue there will be about first day server load.

I'm all for backing being important to help the project become all it can be, but I hope it won't limit the appeal of the game if newcomers are excluded from an opportunity to obtain property.

Koldar likes this.
  4. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

The email I received when I ordered my Village Lot Property called it a Pledge. I was wondering if the $150 counted toward the citizen pledge of $550?

It sounds like my deed will not be tax free...I only worry about losing my property/housing as in other games where I didn't keep up the rent (like vanguard)...very expensive loss of $150 in real money...I was just concerned.

Also, does it qualify me for Alpha in December 2013? I am excited to test this game.

Thanks for all the info on this thread!

Time Lord, Walkerhart and Koldar like this.
  5. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@derek6665 Yeah, the website can be difficult to interpret for some of us...which is the main idea behind the spreadsheet. :)

Anyways....your questions:
    If you purchased a deed in the addon store, it is taxable. But, fear not. You will never lose your deed if you do not pay the tax. It just gets returned to your inventory. Your house and belongings too. But that is after at least a month on inactivity online. At which point you can find another plot to place your house again.

Addon store purchases do not count towards your total pledge amount.

To find if you qualify for the alpha you will need to look at your account page on the main site. Your pledge level is the first thing listed...below that you will see your addon store purchases. As long as you have more than the guilt pledge ($45 and up for post KS pledgers, $25 and up for KS pledgers) you are in. You are welcome to PM me if you have additional questions.

6. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

You will never lose the deed you purchased. You might lose the lot that you apply it to, but the deed and anything on the property at the time, will be returned to you, so that when you have time to play, or money to pay the ingame rent again, you can select a different lot, or the same if it is still available.

Koldar likes this.
  7. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Ah, so even though it's calling it a pledge on my receipt it doesn't count towards a 'pledge' amount since it was an add on...I think I will have to do a pledge also to make sure I get early access to this game. Thanks for the info!

8. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Ah, that's good...well I am more worried about losing my land due to lack of funds to pay for it...I doubt I will not play this game once I get started on it...Going to work my behind off to make enough money to support myself just worried it will take too long to keep up with the rent...but maybe it will be easy for a crafter type like me hehe...

9. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

They have said that it wont be to time consuming for the casual player, but enough to deter inactivity.

Koldar likes this.
  10. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Added two Neon Milk cross promotional items to the Items section, although both items are not confirmed as of yet.

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  11. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

As far as Portalarium rewards, the only one from the Neon Milk cross-promotion is the Gypsy Dance emote. The two sheet music rewards sounded like they would be coming from the Space Bards, once that system is available. How that will work out exactly is currently not known.

Koldar likes this.
  12. stile

stile Avatar

I appreciate how much you stay on top of this Koldar

Time Lord and Koldar like this.
  13. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

This sheet linked off of the opening post is a very helpful reference. Thanks kindly for your work on that!

Koldar likes this.
  14. dahak

dahak Avatar

Thank you for this, very helpful!

Koldar likes this.
  15. nParbat

nParbat Avatar

Explorer level states that the Digital download of Episodes 4 & 5 will be made available. Since the Explorer level also include Recorded Game Media I'm assuming that Episodes 1 - 3 will be delivered in Physical Media. I however pledged at the Collector level to get the Collectors Coin and Mysterious Artifact.

There doesn't seem to be any confirmation of what level the Physical copies of Episodes 4 & 5 will be sent out. Can anyone clarify?

Koldar and Miracle Dragon like this.
  16. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I've started adding these to the Wiki as well, with links to the items revealed so far in the Updates.

http://wiki.ultimacodex.com/sota/Digital_Reward

I still need to cross check this with the spreadsheet, but wanted to let other eyes help with that as well.

Ganadar1230 and Koldar like this.
  17. Roland

Roland Avatar

@Koldar: Did I already say "Thank you" for this great "Pledge Reward Spredsheet". Very often I come by and have a look. So let me say I highly appretiate it - thank you :)

18. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Excellent resource! I think this should be available from the main website.

Sir Stile Teckel and Koldar like this.
  19. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Another option for people who want to see a simple breakdown by type of reward and have a seperate view for backers by what you are (Founder / Benefactor).

I'm also working with some of the community for sources to verify the extra misc rewards and they will be added when I have a solid source and qualification on what it takes (or took for those passed) to qualify to recieve the reward.

Enjoy!

Walkerhart, Ganadar1230 and Koldar like this.
  20. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@violation which miscelleneous rewards are you trying to verify? I might have references for some of them. Quite a significant number come from the kick starter site and the SotA site however, there are a few that were only mentioned in dev chats. You are welcome to use any of it that you see fit on your site, just be sure to either link back here or watch the thread for changes to minimize outdated information so that there is less confusion amongst new and existing pledgers, or else it may prove counter productive to the original intent of this spreadsheet. :)

@Browncoat Jayson I can start looking it over if you wish.

@sir stile teckel, @beaumaris, @dahak, @Roland, @Miracle Dragon
    You are quite welcome. I'm glad it has proven useful. :)

@Pobat I can not confirm a physical shipment for episodes 4&5 at any pledge level yet. I will ask the dev team if that is something they have on their radar.

Pobat and Sir Stile Teckel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.