Pledge Rewards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Killernurse, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Make sure everything is in the bank before you delete and recreate.

Elwyn and Time Lord like this.
  2. Serena Strangelove

Serena Strangelove Avatar

I'm a bit worried about it being released without the necessary polish - I feel like the family member in the recital hall where my little one is performing, even with the mistakes I love it - but not all audiences are forgiving.

The gaming community at large is pretty brutal - I don't expect this game to appeal to everyone, but definitely if SotA has that feeling of fluidity and polish, along with complete/easy to advance quest lines that flow to other zones, placeholders gone, optimization up to par, and combat in a good place (which Chris is working on every week!), with a leveling and crafting system that isn't too punishing to newer players or to the economy, I think we have a very good chance of gaining a healthy population that will stay for the long term. We already have one of the best (oh shoot, THE BEST) community in any game out there.

It just seems that if it goes to "official" launch too soon then people will make a pass and not come back. It's already come so far ....

Alana Baran, Tahru, majoria70 and 2 others like this.
  3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

They only need to get the game into a sufficiently finished state to meet the conditions of the KS and for the game to be in a good enough state to begin advertising it.

They will not stop development when "release" happens, so don't think of it in terms of "shrink wrapped into a box that will only ever receive bug fix patches". At this point, the primary quest lines, un-cloning of areas related to primary quest lines, and the new user experience are the main things missing, so "end of summer 2017" could be very likely. I am doing my part by trying to report bugs in the primary quests when I find them, now that I am finally starting to play them.

Time Lord, Tahru and By Tor like this.
  4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

As others have mentioned, just remove everything from your character before deleting. Anything in your inventory will be gone, everything in the bank or placed on a lot will be kept. The only hard part is if you have a lot of gold, until there is a way to deposit gold into the bank, all you can do is trade to another character, or sell something on a vendor (one corpse wax, one millllllion gold!) and then buy it back.

I expect that episode access will be gated at the continent level, since every episode expansion is supposed to add one or two continents to the game. No episode access, no scene access, whether by ferry or by teleport-to-friend scroll.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I hope you're right! Would love to see it fully playable by then. <fingers crossed>

Time Lord and Tahru like this.
  6. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

In general I agree, though that wasn't exactly what I was talking about. If they've said something 'will be in Ep1' then does it have to be in before Ep1 is launched, or sometime between Ep1 launch and Ep2 launch? I could see some lower priority items being added in the months post-Ep1 launch.

Time Lord and Tahru like this.
  7. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

To transfer your gp to your new avatar have the new one place a worthless item on a vendor for the amount of gp that the older one has.
    Then open the older avatar and purchase the item, thus transferring the gp to the new avatar.
    For items you can also build a trunk and list both avatars as co-owners and move everything to the trunk, then have the new one get the items.
    This way, at worst, all you will lose is the xp from the older avatar.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:oops: I think what's going on in this thread is something to consider when thinking of what SOTA will look like when released. Possibly many servers?
    :rolleyes: I quoted this here because we all don't always catch every thread that goes by.
    ~Time Lord~

By Tor likes this.
  9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that's more complicated than it needs to be. have your old avatar put something on a vendor, have your old avatar buy it, and then don't pick up the proceeds from the sale in the bank. that works even if you only have one avatar you're recreating: not everyone has alts.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I was just reading an article that SpaceX just had the first firing test of the Falcon Heavy core. Then I realized we have an interesting race here: which will happen first, Episode 1 official release (and thus the start of physical pledge rewards), or the first Falcon Heavy launch?

One good thing about the "sharded areas" design is that it should make it possible to distribute the world over multiple servers. The only real restriction is that "town" areas would need to be kept on the same server for synchronizing housing in different instances, and for synchronizing "VIP" players. (aka the Shooter Jennings patch)

This also works when you have multiple accounts and want to transfer gold between characters without logging in with a second computer at the same time. As I hinted above, my favorite item for this purpose is corpse wax, since I always have more than I need. You do have to know in advance what price to set, but you can always put up extras for 500 each.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well Darkstarr commented in missed questions this:

Lumpygravy (Grumpy OldGamer): projected 1.0 date? Estimated?
    We hope to be done by end of this year but when the game is ready is the real answer.

Time Lord and By Tor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.