Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

"Pokemon" style taming.

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Link_of_Hyrule, Jul 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

So I was kind of thinking it would actually be really cool if we had a kind of pokemon style taming and pets as opposed to the current system where the animals are summons and don't have actual health and instead of have cool down timers.

What I mean by this is basically you would tame the same with taming collars and have a whistle to summon the creatures however each creature is bound to each whistle and you can summon them out of the whistle for an unlimited amount of time as long as they are full health. Once their health hits zero you can either use an expensive item to revive them or take them to a veterinarian that can heal them for a price. Also there could be pet healing skills as part of the taming system possibly.

From what I understand there will be different types of taming collars and other animal specific items this fits in really good with this idea. Having an animal or animal type specific taming collar makes it possible to have a higher chance of taming an animal and some animals you can't tame at all without the special collars.

Eventually you should be able to summon more than one (I'd say max of three small animals) at once if you're a high level tamer but if the animal is large you can only summon one at a time. The system can still be balanced since it requires high level skills and expensive items instead of cool downs. There could be different magical summons that still have unlimited health with timers but this would be different than the taming system.

I also think that you should be able to have multiple pets at your house in some sort of storage similar to how I talked about in a previous post. Pets can also roam on your lot but to keep things optimized maybe they would only appear when someone enters the lot and or the owner is online something like that to show off the pets but not make it lag from everyone having multiple pets on their lots.

Ember likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.