Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Polearms way over-buffed now?

Discussion in 'Release 47 Feedback Forum' started by Sara Dreygon, Oct 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

GM crit % masterwork = about 3%
    GM Vital Points from the blades tree = about 6%
    Blades innate is about 2x the power of the masterwork

GM crit damage masterwork = about 8%
    GM Lance Mastery from the polearms tree = 100%
    Polearms innate is about 12.5x the power of the masterwork

WTF?

belijaal likes this.
  2. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

That's pretty intense... Does that put polearms at basically a 3x multiplier compared to 2x for everything else? Or are our crits also subject to the .5-2.5 thing that Darkstarr mentioned in the release notes? We really need some documentation on what all this **** is....

3. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

It's not that good honestly..... it only comes out to being about a 40% increase to crit at GM.

(250+100)/250 = 40%

Now lets factor in the value of this. Vital points is a direct damage increase. Crit damage is an indirect damage increase as it is reliant on crit chance.

Lets compare the value of vital points to lance mastery.

Vital Points
    250*.06 = 15 % Vital points is a 15 % damage increase ... flat. This is not taking into count the new Firefly change and the Ring of the Gambler which is arguably best in slot for swords and bow now.

Lance Mastery @gm with 15.5% crit ( 100 dex 6%weak points and 11% crit bonus on the weapon using a Halbred) =15.5%

((100/250)*100)*15.5% = 6.21 % Mearly 6.21% damage increase.... I'll trade you any day ....

So is this overpowered.... not even close. If anything Vital Points is overpowered giving almost 2.5x more dps increase over Lance Mastery .... Now lets talk about the Firefly and ring of the gambler change... These have me VERY grumpy as Swords recieved a 7.77 % DPS increase just from that stupid ring .... How about Firefly.... @GM with high attument that gives 15.54 % dps increase..... Add them together and your looking at 23.31% Damage increase.....

So ... No crying from the swords people.... Polearm still isn't even remotely close.... I am so grumpy over these changes that i am actually thinking about tossing in the towel on polearm... Dev's did a great move for balance then they implement this crap with firefly and ring of the gambler.

FrostII, Sentinel2 and Fruck like this.
  4. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

I agree with Cry, this has made Spear (lance) more viable but I believe sword is still the strongest melee. Coup de Grace isint even mentioned in his calculations....

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  5. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

I am seriously about done with Pole... We are the only class with 2 base weapons..... Pole and Mace are about equal now. Sword is still about 15% ahead of both. The changes to Firefly alone put sword about 30 % higher than Pole and Mace now..... It's Disgusting what sword is doing with firefly....

FrostII likes this.
  6. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

So correct me if I’m wrong but I thought our crits only did double damage. That’s what I’m basing the critical damage increase numbers off of. Maybe the 2.5 is new to 47? Or only mobs have the varied 0.5-2.5 crit damage range..? More questions than answers I guess.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

For most weapons, it's double damage. For polearms and crossbows, it's 2.5x.

Numa, Trihugger and Sara Dreygon like this.
  8. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

YAS! :D

I play all 3... I will let you know after the server comes back up as to how it feels In comparison to my Blades and Bludgeon avatars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.