1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Policy Change: QA Server and Release Instructions Early Drafts Open to All (starting with R45)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

What I expected out of Dev+ was to be able to ask questions and make suggestions with dev responses once a month. This barely ever happens. Also to be a sounding post for developer ideas on occasion. QA is not something that I view as personally beneficial since persistence, because it is mostly just a loss of time in the production game.

LoneStranger likes this.
  2. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Ahh thanks... have never seen one so was wondering.

3. Juvir

Juvir Avatar

I still would like to see some clarity what exactly Dev+ is going to mean from this point forward from the dev team. Access to the Dev+ forums is going to mean nothing once the QA server sections are on their own, as I stated earlier. We can make suggestions to the devs in any forum, general or otherwise. We'll be able to discuss QA server feedback and bugs in any forum. Where does that leave Dev+ members?

Solazur, Bushmaster and LoneStranger like this.
  4. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

You are correct there... I joined late and have had no problem with 99% of the changes. Obsidian one does seem harsh if justified for the rarity. I think making the armor bound to the crafter sans/enchanting would have been sufficient.

5. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

I feel the same way!

It is a disappointing feeling that Dev+ means nothing now, and holds no value. So will we see royal chat be open to all next?

@Berek What about the Dev+ QA Server Exclusive Rewards?

King Robert likes this.
  6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Oh that Advertisment chat?

I acknowledge my trolling :p

Solazur likes this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

The Dev+ rewards for bug testing are given out because you're sacrificing time you could have spent earning gold and XP through gameplay on the live server ... they're not really a perk for Dev+ backers.

The COTOs, for instance, are equivalent or less in value than the amount that you could have earned by playing for that amount of time. I'm not sure why anyone who is willing to go on QA shouldn't be able to earn them.

Numa, Solazur and Fister Magee like this.
  8. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Fear not, Dev+ is still continuing to be useful in other ways, even though the QA forum portion is being made public. We're hoping that discussion with the community here can generate new beneficial ideas for it as well, should it continue at launch and beyond.

Related to Dev+/QA being a back reward, this was pretty barebones originally, and has only grown in features since the original forum idea. To note, we never stated how long it would be available, or that it would be permanent in any way. The community has had years of this exclusive access that has helped move the project forward in so many important ways beyond what we had originally planned, and we thank you for that time!

9. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

@Berek

Please, no disrespect but D L M B!

Statements like
    do not do a helluva lot to instill warm fuzzy feelings.

Seriously that kind of comment sounds like it was taken from a page off the White House alternative facts playbook.
    A little respect goes a long way.

I'm not the biggest $ contributor to the game by far but I do have a few assets...including a POT (that's basically unusable still) several accounts and a seedinvest commitment.

I'll be frank here/// I learned my lesson about "item exclusivity" a bit ago. remember the Moondials ?
    I originally thought those would be limited too (in function not glitz) and be something to draw players to locations that have them

Then it's all.. "but hey... you have an original"

Big Deal

I know some people that are REALLY upset about this and y;all need to trad lightly.
    As I've stated elsewhere...the genesis of this was a snafu on y'all's end... so please... don't wet my leg and tell me it's rain.

10. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

What a joke. The masses are who are the most needed to keep this game afloat both now and in the future. I'm not entirely sure what gives you the right to decide what is *ok* for the "masses". Forgive me for being blunt, but that entire sentence and sentiment of somehow being superior because you're a part of a premium forum... I don't see it.

For the record, as it stood, people who had spent more $$ supporting the game were getting an advantage in information over anyone else. I'm simply glad that this monetary investment differential in the game between players isn't going to allow for an unfair advantage. I'm sorry if you took offense to the short hand in which this behavior is otherwise described.

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Since you're opening the QA server to all, how about making it so that store purchases claimed on QA do not show up as "claimed in game" on the account page? That way, people can try out items each month and then convert them to credits if the items don't work out as they expected.

Net and Bow Vale like this.
  12. Juvir

Juvir Avatar

I do not like this, sam I am. Go check them in other people's yards, there is no "try before you buy"

Solazur likes this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

First, how will I know if an item will fit in a specific spot by looking at it on someone else's lot? Second, what harm would it cause?

14. Juvir

Juvir Avatar

I would like to point out, that it has been said by DEV+ members in the past we would rather not know about economic changes coming, and the ball was dropped bad. My biggest issue isn't just in how this is currently being handled, it's that there has not been 1. Any sign that it's going to be fixed, just that we're going to move forward and try not to do it again, and 2. Potentially no ramifications toward the players who used this information for market gains that have caused the hornet nest stir up we are currently seeing. The apology is appreciated, and it helps, but are we seriously going to let it stand?

15. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

I just read Darkstarr 's post , so to resume : it's just a removal of a privilege accorded to a certain pledge level , i mean some players have paid for that "advantage" and now its removed ?
    Is a refund incoming or at least Something for all the players that have paid the right to be a dev + ?

liz_the_wiz, Solazur and LoneStranger like this.
  16. Juvir

Juvir Avatar

If you want the item, check it out on somebody's lot. Buy it if you like it. The QA server is there for us to test bugs, and test upcoming changes. It's not there to play dress up with your yard and try out the add-on store.

17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

well, actually it kinda is. that's why they give us crowns to play with, so we can buy new things from the crown vendors and check them for bugs.

Numa, Wintermute of CoF and Barugon like this.
  18. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

No, it was not ever a privilege associated with a pledge level. It was just something they decided to do long ago in Dev+, but it was never an entitlement.
    To be more exact, it was a policy, not an entitlement. Policies can change.

19. Juvir

Juvir Avatar

Yes, the crown vendors, in game currency, limited selection. Not playing with add-on store items that cost cash only and playing dress up with them.

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, it's up to you to dictate to me what I can and can't do on the QA server? Testing add-on store items is also part of QA. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.