Polish pass for hit boxes of enemies, plus a bonus

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Vladamir Begemot, Feb 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Hit boxes on enemies needs a polish pass. If you've ever used small weapons then you have been with me, having to stand in the center of the polar bear and cut your way out because if you're on the outside visually hitting it, you're not actually hitting it.

Here are a few I've noted, there are probably a lot more. These you have to stand too close, literally inside some of them if using smaller weapons:
    • Wolves
    • Dragons
    • Large Polar Bear
    • Spider Queen
      • Gross, having to cut my way out... gross
    Can hit when you're too far away:
    • Dragons (ironically, in both categories)
      • This is when it's in the air, you can hit it when it's clearly too far away
    • Phoenix while it's in the air
    With the dragon, it's legs and wings and head aren't hit points but should be. It's weird we're all standing under it's belly hitting an invisible point.

And three final awesome additions to combat.

With better collision, trolls could push you around, dragons could cause damage when they step on you (once their legs have hit boxes), and wouldn't it be awesome if I could jump on top of the spider queen and hack on her from there? Or the back of the dragon?

2. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

The collision with other players is rather well done in PVP zones. It's not perfect, but it would be interesting to test how it would go if you couldn't pass through monsters... except for ghosts.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.