1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

POLL: All Content Available in Offline Mode?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 20, 2016.

?

Is it OK to allow access to ALL add ons and pledge rewards in Offline mode?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowyer

Bowyer Avatar

I'm ok with the plan to allow access to all add ons and pledge rewards in offline mode.
    It would be great having the offline game mode feature-wise, as close as possible to the online game modes.

Thanks for letting us in on this.

Bowyer

2. cimerians

cimerians Avatar

Oh my dear yes!!! Thank you!

Duchess Fionwyn likes this.
  3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I think it adds something to the offline mmo to play it with some extra stuff....I'm going to be hard pressed to find many other reasons to play it offline.

4. Brightstar

Brightstar Avatar

I think its a great idea! ;)

5. ZhugeLiang

ZhugeLiang Avatar

To expound upon my first post allow me to add something even more important that may not have been touched on by anyone.

Offline mode can be even more important for this game than anything, even for online players.

How?

The modding community. Go take a quick look at a site called Nexusmods, they are more than a million strong and that is just one modding site. There are over 45k mods for Skyrim...45,000...just on that one site.

The game, Oblivion, was released in 2006 yet in the last 24 hours 4 new mods were released for it...still, after 10 years!

If offline mode is done right in this game, where you allow creations to be used both off and online, and you work WITH the modding community, you can get a major push for this game just with that alone. Bethesda has been doing this since Fallout 3 and they made sure that before Skyrim was released that they had a Steam Workshop page up and running AND had their development tools in the hands of the people running Nexusmods to get them into the modders hands quickly.

Reach out to the modding community now. Let them know that this game is very open to player creations, work on a way to allow people to create "free" mods for offline only play if possible also so modding sites can host them and you will find yourself seeing a large modding community talking about your game (not to mention keeping it alive for years). And if you cant have "free" mods hosted elsewhere, see if they are willing to allow creators to set up pages on their sites (where they can have descriptions, photos and discussions) that link to the your game store page (directly to their creation) to buy them. By doing that, you will still make this game part of the modding community and get some free exposure also.

The modding community is very large, take advantage of it by making it as open as you can, even if its only for offline mode.

6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

You need to have a modable game in order to have mods....Bethesda games for instance have an editor that makes it very easy.

At the moment, if they did have that it would at least give some semblance of a reason to play offline. This will be a very weak offline game.

7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

This game is created with Unity engine, so they shouldn't have to create an editor themselves, should they?

Sir Cabirus and Katrina Bekers like this.
  8. Nastor

Nastor Avatar

Just a repost from the previous vote atempt, since my opinion didnt change since then:

I voted for yes, but I think it shouldnt be that easy to get the stuff in offline mode. Even the simple stuff, should need some effort to get it. (Exploration, well hidden items, rare crafting materials, long quest lines, lot of gold etc.) Also I think holiday items should also as in online modus only be available at the holidays. ;)

Sir Cabirus and Miracle Dragon like this.
  9. Sir. Laurence Oliphant

Sir. Laurence Oliphant Avatar

Faie enough, SP mode stricted and don't need to be violated in things to play with!

(anyway I will play offline mode or coop) :)

randomonium likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.