Poll: PVP or PVE - Which Are You? [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Gasket, Nov 28, 2013.

?

What are you, PVP or PVE player? What type?

1. PVP - Consensual - No Looting

39 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. PVP - Consensual - Full Looting

63 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. PVP - Consensual Or Not - No Looting

12 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. PVP - Consensual Or Not - Full Looting

149 vote(s)
    45.0%
  5. PVE - Only - No Looting

40 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. PVE - Only - Full Looting

28 vote(s)
    8.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

I made MILLIONS of GOLD on the free market in WoW, manipulating those very pricepoints.

My scenario assumes that I get my hands on the new top end weapon as it becomes available. The first week, it will sell for 100 times it's vendor price. The second week, 10 times. Until it is eclipsed by a new, even better weapon, it will, by virtue of being the best, sell for twice what a vendor will pay for it.

Now, if a vendor SELLS it, in infinite supply, you can still make a quick buck overcharging the underinformed, but this scam will be dependent on the item being some degree of rarity or difficulty in obtaining.

Now, I DO understand what Portalarium said concerning gear, and I look forward to a world where having the latest, greatest, end-boss-rare-droppiest, priciest, most-presigious weapon and armor is NOT the driving factor in character ability. But they said weapons will have stats. Gear with stats has variance and a range of quality, or why have stats? At which point, there will be a best. It might not actually BE the best, just be touted as the best on EJ.com, it's been known to happen.

Now, your proposal included an NPC vendor who sold the looted gear at "an average market rate". All I have to do is get a bit more than the average each time I sell it, and your instanced store will keep selling me new ones. The reason I need a buddy is so that he can keep looting me. I get naked, put the sword of infinite monies on top of my bag, and attack him. He defends himself, I die, he loots only the sword, cause we're such pals. Then he sells it, and I buy a new one.

With a common copper axe, or some such PoS, this would not work. But with the "Grand Master Emerald Edge Greataxe", or whatever claims top billing on the player driven free market, whatever the top slot item is in each new expansion, that WILL drive exactly this kind of effect.

2. Xail

Xail Avatar

Without full loot there is UO fans...

TemplarAssassin likes this.
  3. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

I'd consider myself a PvE player because I love to slaughter PvE players and casuals. And as they usually fight no better than machine-controlled mobs, I am considered a PvE player...

rild likes this.
  4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

We need to start a thread demanding full loot PvE!

5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Where DOES the negative stereotype of PvP players come from?

6. Andrew Knightowl

Andrew Knightowl Avatar

Why say its unofficial and then ask for us too cast a vote? Too me asking us to cast a vote is not unofficial.
    I will only say whatever or however the team sets up pvp balance someone is going to be unhappy.

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

It's unofficial becuase the poll, such as it is, was created by a Forum User, and not a member of the Portalarium staff.
    The staff that marked it Unofficial so people would not be confused and think, perhaps, it was a question being asked and information being sought by Portalarium, rather than some random poster.

8. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Good Post !

TemplarAssassin likes this.
  9. Andrew Knightowl

Andrew Knightowl Avatar

Thank you :)

10. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

I don't care to vote on controversial polls like this because you can see the names on the results. I just don't like that someone can use my vote as a forum topic as a result.
    As far as PvP goes I can take it or leave it... I'm not gonna go out looking for it or anyone. I have no reason to, if your going to use some kind of Hack i'll report it.

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Wow 135 votes on consensual or not full loot! that is why it is unofficial if it was official they'd have to adjust the game!~:p lol

Abydos, Lord Lonn Bimmer and charock like this.
  12. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

One thing that has become very evident over the last few months is that personal attack and chastising/demeaning rants about how people should play your way is not acceptable.

Noctiflora likes this.
  13. dp_dropout

dp_dropout Avatar

All those people wanting 'a more realistic' challenge... ready for more realism? You pk someone, you get the death penalty (char gets deleted) or life in prison (forced online time of a few RL days of your char being locked up). You harm someone, you need to pay damages to your victim. Let's see how many of you still want realism.

Maxe likes this.
  14. herradam

herradam Avatar

Sure, why not?

15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Id play it but at that point youd have to gather proof, if noone was around it never happend!

16. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

Pointless poll for me, there is no option for both PvP and PvE. I enjoy both, in different amounts, more PvE than PvP, but I still enjoy both. I'm personally against full loot, but I like the option of being able to choose PvP or PvE depending on my role-play, my mood, what my friends are doing at that particular moment in time, or whether or not any given role-play session moves to PvP or not.

*shrugs*

Its an old argument, and one that is moot for me: PvP or PvE? Both, each has their potential merit. The amount of merit is personal, and always will be.

NRaas and blaquerogue like this.
  17. GizmoIscariot

GizmoIscariot Avatar

Yes, this is why polls are bad. It leaves out the option of "Current SOTA dev thinking - PVE and PVP ransom loot" which is what the current thinking the devs have and some of us like.

18. Ara

Ara Avatar

Ransom werent an option when the poll was created and i doubt many PvP players want a ransom system.

blaquerogue likes this.
  19. Ulfhednar

Ulfhednar Avatar

Without PVP there can be no RP, and nothing to talk about with your friends, nothing to remember. I killed this monster, then this monster, then this monster... until I got bored and quit the game. Really? The only game I remember everything I've done in, is UO w/o trammel. Oh, but if that's how it's going to be there should also not be too much emphasis on the "gear". Let the better man win, not the richer or those who can invest a lot of time.

But, I just don't see it coming. Garriott often talked about how he was marveled by the RP of the old community. Well, make the game as I just wrote above.

By the way, people talk about how Trammel raked in a lot of players. Well, guess what? After UO there has been thousands of Trammel Online MMORPGs. So, this time it will have the exact opposite effect if there is anything but good old realistic world with it's cruel nature.

Bonus: Video illustration of how we all felt when Trammel was implemented:

blaquerogue likes this.
  20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

AMEN!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.