Poll: PVP or PVE - Which Are You? [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Gasket, Nov 28, 2013.

?

What are you, PVP or PVE player? What type?

1. PVP - Consensual - No Looting

39 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. PVP - Consensual - Full Looting

63 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. PVP - Consensual Or Not - No Looting

12 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. PVP - Consensual Or Not - Full Looting

149 vote(s)
    45.0%
  5. PVE - Only - No Looting

40 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. PVE - Only - Full Looting

28 vote(s)
    8.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ara

Ara Avatar

So where did you read the game will have full loot PvP?

2. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

I've seen this opinion before, I don't know if you missed it or if you don't believe them, but when the dev's speak about giving people the option to play how they want, that includes PvPers. Which means you WILL encounter people who have your playstyle, and nothing but. By this poll, about a third of the game's population, if you believe this poll is vaguely representative. I don't see why that doesn't make you happier.

NirAntae likes this.
  3. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

I was not meaning to say "it has been decided..." just saying that whatever the selection criteria is, you will be paired with people who feel the same way. So having more than one "server" is pointless, since you will have the same effect.

But as Malak rightly points out, it's pretty clear that there WILL be full PvP, and probably full loot. It will just be a selectable mode, instead of a separate server.

4. Ara

Ara Avatar

I dont think you understand what im saying.

If my playstyle i share with many others isnt gonna be in the game then i wont share my playstyle with anyone.

5. Ara

Ara Avatar

So the game will have non-consensual PvP and stealing + full loot?

Thats good.

I will spread this among my guildes, thank you.

6. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

The game will NOT have non-consensual PvP. You will have to select full PvP, which by definition makes PvP by consent only.

However, you will then only see other people who have also chosen PvP, and will be able to attack them freely, just as if you were on a PvP server. It won't be a flimsy 'duel' system, like "click to attack, then wait for them to consent or deny". They have already consented by being in that area and/or with that PvP setting. The exact mechanics aren't clear yet, but that much is.

What isn't clear yet is whether, at the end of a PvP fight, the victor will be able to loot the defeated or not, or if that too will be a selectable setting; the same goes for how stealing will work exactly.

And finally, we are not devs, we are just trying to convey information as we understand it. Please don't act like you have "tricked" us into "spilling the beans".

7. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Possibly. More likely is that I have a communications issue where when I am talking about possibilities or inferences, people take what I say to mean that this is how it is (or at least that I am trying to say that). I know I have this issue, but no matter how much I try, I can't seem to make the distinction clear when I'm trying to convey things.

Atlaua likes this.
  8. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

I hope you will, whatever those are. And, yeah, despite you not wanting to believe it, if the system as it's been suggested and bandied about DOES get finalized, you will just have to set your default preferences to Full Loot Open PvP, and that's all you'll ever see. Hundreds and hundreds of like minded players, just waiting to murder you and take your stuff.

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
  9. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

I think the big problem is I tend to set up "if/then" scenarios... e.g., IF PvP full-loot is a setting, THEN you will be able to attack everyone you see and loot them dry. I try to be clear about what we know vs what I infer, but I clearly don't always succeed. :oops:

10. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

Use gerbils as little finger puppets to act out what you mean. That ALWAYS gets my point across.

11. Ara

Ara Avatar

So my playstyle will not be supported by the game then as i said about 10 replies ago. I wont play with others that enjoy my playstyle.

It will be a watered down PvP to please the less hardcore PvP players.

Do you see where this is going? We are saying the same things over and over and none of us is in error we just have different views on PvP.

To me you seem to believe PvP is PvP nomatter the ruleset for PvP.

To me PvP need a harsh ruleset vith risk vs reward and consequences. I want a non-consensual PvP like the one we saw in old UO felucca.

Without that i wont be playing PvP with similar minded players.

Hope that helped you understand what im trying to say.

12. Ara

Ara Avatar

Some players like player freedom and let players decide the outcome and not have the game do it for you instead.

Some want risk vs reward and consequences instead of a more safe gameplay with little thrill.

And i never said that YOU have to play with me since you will have your option settled. Just play the safer game and you want see me at all.

13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I think this game is going to force me to play ArcheAge (im sure it will cost me alot less than what i spent here) when it comes out! So far SoTA doesnt seem to be that enticing to me with all the sets on pvp and decks etc.. Ill give it a shot but i think ill bore of it quick! only time will tell since no one really knows whats going to happen. When RG made UO it was straight PVP, when he made Tabula it was straight PVP (teams) i dont understand why he thinks no pvp or light pvp or consensual pvp or no pvp is going to be great, (sure you have options to pick) but that doesnt make it great, thats just one less thing people have to be on the watch out for! PVE is perfect for non-internet games and its cheaper than trying to access internet with many people! to me it seems it would be cheaper just to set it up a way people can just call each other on the pc and start playing together, he could have saved alot of money by just making it a single player game with companions on your pc only!? Thats the "Challenge of the Avatar" for Portalarium, and the crew to keep a majority of people playing that are used to his games hes made in the past! Im looking at the poll above if you were to combine the first 2 option it would be 18, if you
    combined the last two options it would be 17, but 19 votes beat both! I hope RG comes up with something to keep us around! It does seem kind of Bias towards non pvprs!
    PVP - Consensual Or Not - Full Looting 19 vote(s)
    35.2%

14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Seems to be at this rate they will lose one side or the other hopefully more will be favored on one of the sides which ever it is or they lose money and funding, if theres not enough pvprs in the game its not really worth playing if you are a PVPr, if you are a PVEr then i guess youll be fine! Either way your gonna lose one or the other especially with the games that are coming out here in the near future! (God i hope i worded that right to avoid a fight!), but I bet if the game doesnt go the way the PVE wants they will move to another game. they may not be saying it but if they dont like it theyll move on to a different game and vice versus.

15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

there might be!? I have no idea, hence ill try it :) I may sound like a hardcore pvpr (im only hardcore against pkrs) but im just the opposite, i only pvp people that kill other players just because they can, and then make life miserable for them over and over, talking crap, rez kill etc..! Without that i cant really play my character the way i do normally so if there was an open pvp area with only pvprs noones really a victim are they?

16. Ara

Ara Avatar

I would play my crafter/gatherer in the open PvP world with full loot cause i like risk vs reward and a game that bring some thrills.

Playing in a ever safe world online is out of the question. And i sure aint alone thinking like this.

There have to be a option for the old felucca PvP players that want to play this game, as it is now i dont believe there is.

17. AndiZ275

AndiZ275 Avatar

I'm all for options.

I highly plead for two guild options in this game: 1. always PvP and 2. always Player Loot
    (remember: this is just an "option" for hardcore PvP players, which has to be set up during the foundation of a guild; when you choose to join such a guild, it's your fault only)

Which means:
    For Option 1: As soon as you join this guild, you'll never be able to leave PvP again, unless you are in one of the few "safe spots" (unless you leave the guild again, which should be severly punished, like: one month waiting period till you can join your next guild and even after leaving this guild, you have to wait 1 month till you can change the PvP slider again).

For Option 2. As soon as you join an Always Player Loot guild, you'll be able to loot (non epic non kickstarter) items from players you kill in PvP, which have the same option set (speak: nearly all the time, since you'll be matched only with players with the same options activated). The punishment for leaving this guild should be as severe as for Option 1 (like: for one month, whenever you die, there's a 50% chance, that you'll loose an item permanently)

Why that?
    1. This would make sure, that dedicated PvP players can join a guild, that prevents from "pussying" out of PvP (for example during a guild war).
    2. The matchmaking system would be much easier for those guilds, since they'd be put in shards with players, who are also in hardcore PvP guilds.
    3. Since some players, who don't PK and don't actively PvP, want to play in a world of constant danger through other players, they could find a home in such a guild (and PKs could find "victims")
    4. Hardcore PvP and Non PvP players could coexist in the same game, without ever having to fear, that they'd have to encounter someone, who doesn't share his playstyle.
    5. Guild Wars would be more likely to happen
    6. if you don't want Player Loot, then don't join a Player Loot guild
    7. If you want to leave PvP in town, then don't join an always PvP guild
    8. This would allow PK- and Counter PK-guilds
    9. Since we have now 25.000 backers and there are no servers (so everyone is playing in the same game), I believe, that there'd be enough and highly entusiastic players in those guilds, so noone has to play in an "empty world".

Why not?
    1. There's one downside of such options, I can think of (and there are probably more): if you are an Anti-PK, who wants to kill Murderers and loot them, but also wants to play with PvE-players from time to time, such a guild system with waiting periods would be difficult

Hm, maybe I'll start a new thread to this options some time.
    Cheers,
    Andreas

18. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

I'd love to see PVP and PVE full loot. :)

19. Ara

Ara Avatar

Why dont you understand what im saying?

Our features need to be available in the game.

An option for our playstyle available.

20. Owain

Owain Avatar

What part of your playstyle will not be supported by Open PvP/Full Loot, if that mode will be present in SotA upon release?

Not being snarky, just looking for clarification.

Edit:
    Going back to one of your first posts in the thread, you say this:
    You say no full loot, but I'm not sure how you know that. Right now, to my knowledge, that is undecided. There are many like me who still support the full loot option.

Who says you can't attack all outside of safe areas. If open PvP is available, that is exactly what will happen.

You say you can't steal, but if open PvP is available, that is where stealing from other players will take place.

Everything is consentual in that if you elect to participate in Open PvP, others can attack you and you can attack them.

If you want this, select Open PvP. If you don't, do not select open PvP.

Again, I'm having a hard time figuring out where your complaint lies.

Atlaua likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.