Pollpetition: Did you know about the SotA fankit? Why isn't it more prominent and updated?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spoon, Mar 6, 2018.

?

How about you?

Poll closed Apr 24, 2018.
  1. I knew about the fankit and agree that it should be more prominent and updated

47.6%
  2. I knew about the fankit, but think it is good where it is and as it is.

9.5%
  3. I didn't know about the fankit, but now that I checked it out there is no need to update it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I didn't know about the fankit, wish it was more prominent and updated for release

31.0%
  5. Fankit? Schmankit.

11.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Rok Yrikk
    @Berek
    @Cerus

So these are of course rhetorical questions.
    Most of you likely have no clue that there has existed a fankit since 2014.
    Also there is no good reason why the fankit isn't more prominent and updated.

Yes I know, I have brought this up many times before, but now that we have a grand Launch event and all coming up wouldn't it be nice if it was in its own menu item under "community" where it belongs and if some of the content, like screenshots were updated?

So how do you find the fan kit you ask?
    1. Go to the main site:
    2. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=29385
    3. On the [Media] menu select [Videos & Other Media]
    4. Scroll down,
      no further down,
      nonono even further down below the 2013 trailer,
      that is right that small link at the bottom - below all of that other stuff:
    [​IMG]
    That is like one of those secret easter eggs thingies, right? Why is that? (Another rhetorical question, I know I know).

Imagine for instance that it had a parchment background image in it, like the beatiful ones by @Scottie that could be used by us fans when doing invites to RP events.

Or if the branding bits actually was photoshop files with layers.

Or if there was a SotA theme we could use with Enjin.

Or.... add your own wishes below.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  2. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes, we need to update this!! Any community stuff that anyone feels we should add, please let me know.

Bowen Bloodgood, Corv, Verit and 9 others like this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I have a few suggestions.
    • A version of the SotA logo and color band on a transparent background, like is on the official images. Would make a great stream overlay.
    • Community and Fitness symbols to use on fansites.
    • MP3 versions of Karelia's Song and Death. Having audio by Iolo and Shooter mire readily available would be a great promo.
    • Box, manual, and map mockups that would show off the feelies.

4. Scottie

Scottie Master Artisan SOTA Developer

Hmn! I'll check all of this out and see if I can provide any stuff that might be useful...

Scottie ^_^

5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Golly, thanks for pointing this out! I can't believe I didn't know about it. I would like to have the magic school drawings that you get when you turn in undelivered mail to a town crier. I got the Earth one yesterday and was thinking I would love to have it as a background.

6. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I would really like the 3d model of a watcher that we could use and animate on our website or whatever. Something that is identified to shroud of the avatar only! But watcher would be beast :p

Spoon likes this.
  7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Thank you!

My personal wishlist:
    • Rename from "Fansite Kit" to just "Fan Kit" since the use cases are many more than just fansites.
    • The fan-kit moved on the main website to [Community]>[Fan kit]
    • Change the "Portalarium Copyright.docx" file from a word file to either PDF or TXT.
      • Update the info in the "Portalarium Copyright" file to include when and how we are allowed to use the assets in the fankit (preferably by link/reference to EULA/CToS so that changes can be made if necessary)
    • Add 10-ish or so 'emote' gifs that we can use / reuse in forums (preferably also adding them in the forums)
      • Like the LB Shield, the sigils, oracle coin, chaos coin, virtue coin, truth, love, courage etc.
    • More versions of the "MapBackground.jpg" style, like a top/bottom banner background.
    • Some of the "branding" stuff in a layered format - so that we can add transperancy etc
      • For instance if we stream sota then we want to add the logo in the corner, right?
    • The Concept Art map is the old with the cross lines through the middle
    • Is the 'Website' psd files from 2013 really how you would like Shroud fansites to look like?
      • I'd suggest to instead create Enjin theme elements so that those can be loaded directly, or at least get your icons in there for the game selection - type in shroud and you'll see what I mean (Yes I know this is a little bigger task than the other ones, it takes 1-2 days to do one nicely)
    • Add an RP folder with images you want us to use for RP purposes
      • For instance, think about the Player Events section - how would you have liked a player event invite to look like?
      • Like a Parchment with some nice borders that we can just add text to would be nice
      • Diploma background for winning competitions like tournaments
      • When you have the CoA in place, add your own CoA template

Ok, that was from the top of my head, shouldn't make it too long anyway. But let me know if you want more suggestions.

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

RTF needs more love.

9. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

As far as I know, Portalarium doesn't have artwork or photos of the coins I've made. However, they know how to reach me, if they wish to include them in a fan kit.

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'd like the white-on-black version of the logo and cover art, as it appears on the t shirt. I was able to adapt it from an image on Ultima Codex, but that was relatively small...

11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Good point.

I just thought that for emotes it would make more sense to have the round coin like format for the images.

Oh, that is a good one.

redfish is talking about the really really cool looking image which one can get on tshirt from @rild

https://relicsbyrild.com/collection...avatar-mens-cover-art-tee-black-white-woodcut

[​IMG]

Get one, they are great!

And the image - I so so so much wish they would use in Portalarium's advertising. It would definitely stand out from the noise.
    But I'm guessing it is too revealing.

12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

OMG! There's some archer/light/leather armors in the concepts folder that NEED to be in this game. (Or are they already and I'm blind?) I'm happy with my elf armor, but it's mostly because there's nothing I've found more visually appealing. (Well, and nothing else that's dye-able yet, either.)

Spoon likes this.
  13. Corv

Corv Avatar

Yes an updated fansite kit would be very very helpful

Spoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.