Pooled Xp System pretty confuseing for a new player

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by skulls06, Aug 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skulls06

skulls06 Avatar

I read about the poole xp on tutorials and stuff: Do i get this right ?

-So the higher the pool the less xp it takes to lvl a skill
    -You should not lvl multiple skills at once etc.. as it takes more xp ?
    -I messed up my pool and trained to many skills at once etc.. now I disabled all my learned skills

-I am training one skill and while killing mobs my pool still goes down.. the skill is lvl 25 now looks pretty broken to me and I have no clue what to do even with 1 skill enabled even if i kill mobs ill end up with 0 xp in the pool sooner or later

2. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

Welcome to the game skulls6!

The amount of exp required to level a skill is fixed.

Here's how the pool-system works in short:

• When you gain experience, this experience goes to your pool
    • You can control to which skills the experience is applied to from this pool with the train/maintain/unlearn/neglect
    • If you have a skill set to train, it will have a percentage of your total pool applied to it on each use. Most skills gain experience (from the pool) when you use the skill it self, some that are passives in nature will gain from use of any skill or any skill in the same tree
    • The amount applied is increased as you pool increases. The amount applied is limited from the upper end also with a hard limitation that you always need x amount of uses per level of skill. So even if you have a huge pool, you can only apply maximum amount per use, defined by your skill level.
    I hope this

3. skulls06

skulls06 Avatar

It doesnt help me as even if i kill mobs my pool goes down with only 1 skill enabled so im kinda stuck on this

4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Try disabling that skill too, until our building up a small pool. You always want something in the pool, so either level something cheaper or move to a different scene where you can earn more experience.

5. skulls06

skulls06 Avatar

Im a new player i cant beat anything higher than lvl 2 scenes... so i need to disable even the l ast skill for farm a pool ?

6. skulls06

skulls06 Avatar

i have 40 000 in the pool and it gows down while killing scene lvl 2 mobs the skill i lvl i very low like lvl 25

7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

For my lower level friends, we generally lock everything until that gave 100k or so, then unlock whatever skill(s) they want to train. Go out and fight til they get down to 20k or so, then do it again.

They are working at leveling very expensive skills, like Str, Int, Dex and Earth passives to 40 before they move on. But really, that's not necessary to play. Get your main attack skill and chosen armor passives up and you should be ok to level as you go.

8. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

What skill are you Training.
    If you train Str /Int /Dex or some passives then they use more xp per hit/use than you get.
    Maybe this helps to understand:

Numbers are simplified to make it easier to explain.
    Lets say you have 1000 Pool XP.
    Everytime you hit something 10xp go to the skill i use and train.
    If you need 10 Hits to kill the mob, then 10 times xp from the Pool goes to the skill you want to train. In the End the Mob gives you 90xp.
    You have used 100xp Training your skill, but need "to long" to kill the Mob to gain Pool, because the mob just was worth 90xp.
    You improved your skill (10 Hits = 100xp), but your Pool is 990xp now, because the mob you killed only gives 90xp, so maybe the last hit you did and trained your skill with 10xp was taken from Pool, and not from the mobs xp.

I am not english speaking, but maybe it helps.

9. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

@Stundorn - a well worded and excellent summary. This leads us to Pool Management. And many many people have to do this- at level 85 I'm still doing it.

First point - what skills are you trying to train? At this early stage just train the basic skills. (preferably one at a time)
    As a rough guide, the "basic" skills will cost you around 1 million points to get to Grandmaster level.
    Some or many of the "innate" skills will cost you around 4 million points to do the same thing.
    And if you are trying to train Strength, Dexterity or Intelligence, be aware that they will cost around 12 million for the same job. They are thirsty little swines!

For all skills, the jump between levels starts out small, and the steps get bigger as you ascend. Above level 80 in any skill really hurts!

So it sounds like you are "spending" more than you are "earning". Takes 20 slashes to kill a mob that only gives you enough XP to compensate for about 15.

Sooo, take the advice above. Turn off EVERYTHING. When you are spending nothing on skill development, the total pool will go up as you keep killing mobs, even though they are small and you are a puny weakling (no insult intended, I've been there and know how it feels...)

When you have a decent pool accumulated, turn on a skill - the most valuable combat skill you can find. It will advance, and the pool will probably go down. But you are getting better.

Rinse and repeat. Soon you are killing mobs with less effort (only 10 hits, and getting enough XP to compensate for 15) so you will start to pull ahead. Then go and kill bigger mobs.

Good luck!

Stundorn likes this.
  10. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

You kill the mobs in Tier 2 Scenes too slow then.
    The XP you gain from your kills is less than the XP that gets eaten up by your 1 skill you want to train.
    Maybe even go back to Scene 1's. Faster or more mob kills at once usualy is way better xp than slow single or ultra slow multiple kills.

But i wouldn't worry too much at this level. Just have fun, explore and hunt arround, Tier 1 or 2.
    Watch your pool, lock/unlock whenever needed. 40k in pool isn't bad at this level.

And double or tripple check that you really only have 1 skill on train.
    This can be easily overlooked. Expecially Passive Skills (the grey ones) are expensive.

Wintermute of CoF likes this.
  11. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

The chances are you have not in fact disabled all but one skill. Did you check all the trees in all three sections of the combat tab? The innate skills on the trees in the bottom section will suck up the most XP.

12. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

hi skulls06 to the game

yes, the question always asked by a new player as you enter the game as XP is managed differently in this game, and is a new way of charter advancement through the game.

the video I created will hopefully answer some questions.

discipleofweb likes this.
  13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The higher the pool, the more will be pulled out of your pool each time a skill-up event happens. I think the maximum is when your pool is at 4M or so.
    If you plug in more lights, it uses more electricity.
    That's the right way to deal with it, except when you're really low you might need them ALL turned off.
    The higher the skill level, the more it takes at each skill-up event, growing exponentially.But level 40 is only like 4000 xp, Even 60 isn't that much more. You almost certainly have another skill turned on, look for it harder. Make sure that "Misc" is not filtered in your chat log, because you will see there which skills are leveling up. Innate skills get a lot of skill-up events and can suck you dry before you know it, that's why they are so dangerous for pool management.

As a low level, 40000 is pretty good. Just stop all your skills when they get to 40 and work on unlocking more stuff. You can pick which ones to level higher later. The 10k XP/day thing makes it so much easier as a low level, it was much harder back when I had to get it all from what baby stuff I could fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.