Population Concerns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Allistaire, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allistaire

Allistaire Avatar

I don't know if other people are experiencing this but my guild of 15 or so players, only 2 at most are still playing that I ever see. This includes a good number being backers who spent something like $250+ on the game. That does not bode well for the stability of the game when backers are calling it quits or could bother to login...

Are other people experiencing this and if so, why is this happening already?

2. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Break time. Staving off burn out. Waiting for release. Hoping for polish and quest completion.

Hope they are some of these reasons. I basically stopped for all of these reasons. Playing something else till January with a bit of QA play at the end of months.

3. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

14 people on my friends list on right now and 31 on in the guild Im in right this second. Looks pretty good from here.

4. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I stopped playing for a very long time because I got tired of starting over and over and only started playing again in persistence... others might just be waiting for the next big update or event or something like that... ^_^

5. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Pre release bla bla bla, the game is not launched bla bla bla ....

... Same thing in my Guild. We was 12 actives players at last wipe and now we are -------- a dead guild -------

For my guild the trouble is the lack of pvp, and unfortunately poeple are gone for real.

6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

:(

7. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Ive noticed it too. The entire region where I play (drachvald) is usually deserted when I play. Hopefully it's just because it's between releases....but r34 has only been out for a week. :(

8. Armitage_

Armitage_ Avatar

Population does seem to be declining, however I have to keep reminding myself that it's still early access. I also think that a lot of people have burnt out after the initial rush after the final wipe. Most will come back as more content gets added.

I also know alot of people do not like playing early access, and prefer to play a more polished game. I think the population will come as we near the official launch of episode 1.

/crossfingers

9. Raistlyn

Raistlyn Avatar

I personally have 2 friends that are not logging in until release...
    I suspect many are waiting for that

Fuzzy, Moiseyev Trueden, Numa and 2 others like this.
  10. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Well its deceptive. Because of the demand to get gold for lotteries combined with the problem of not being able to play MO which a few others like me have has kept us gathering in single player.

Kaisa, Jivalax Azon, Hazard and 8 others like this.
  11. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Population is best judged when winter hits the northern hemisphere. It's too soon to be speculating anything. A sharp population decrease is common in any game that launches (so to speak) in the summer.

12. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Personally, I think many fans were expecting a kind of Ultima Online.

They are no longer here of course.

Derium, Fuzzy, Nhili Dragon and 14 others like this.
  13. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

This is the saddest part for me, and there is little on the devs part to passify our concers and questions.

Fuzzy, Nhili Dragon, Kaisa and 7 others like this.
  14. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

We usually have between 7-15 people on in guild when I play. Right now I have 44 people showing on my friends list as online.

15. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

I have a feeling that because the balancing has started people who intend to keep playing are waiting for it to shake out a bit.

16. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

i have had this concern also. i hesitated to bring it up though, i would like to think that it has alot to do with it being in early access and a lack of marketing at the moment.

i think there are 8 important things (went from 2 to 8 as writing) that need to be addressed before release.

1 combat needs polish(sfx, target selection, ui (scaleable, movable hp bars)

2 farming. i like farming in games harvest moon stardew valley, ect. there is a reason that farmville and acheage did well with this aspect alot of people enjoy tending a virtual farm. planing the layout and produce for max efficency and profit. skilling up to grow and produce better things.

3 general ui polish. chat needs work. tabs all needs cosmetic work. we need to be able to have multi chat tabs and a private msg pop up and auto whisper window that pops up. entropia universe does this well.

4 quest and npc interaction all need to be on the level of soltown. more and more quests from random npcs.

5 preformance. i tend to lag out from muliplayer after 30 min or so and fo and so after about 1 hour.

6 more player craftable things and a reduction on reliance on npc vendors and the cash shop of deco.

7 MEANINGFUL PVP. this could have been at the top of the list but i think all on this list are pretty close to the same level of importance. we need guild wars. we need things to contest. we need a reason to fight other than ganking victims for loot and the rush of victory. give me some thing to fight over please other than a persons loot and a vauge sense of superiority.

8 TUTORIALS. this is pretty self explantory but there needs to be a intoduction to the skill system via pop ups and text walk through that is not timed and can be replayed. advance through with clicking next. over the weekend i will actually write a long wall of text post about this and a general out line of what i think it should be.

sorry for the wall of text more and more things added to my list as i wrote...

17. Aribeth

Aribeth Avatar

I know i and my husband are waiting for release to fully play.

18. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

+1 nonaware

We need more quirky fun quests to pacify the masses until the game releases.

I think offering drops of rare items pre-release (don't have to be anything special, just different and rare) might keep people playing.

Like a great snipe hunt. Anywhere underground the killer rabbit could be lurking, ready to drop the decorative holy hand grenade pre-release.... would look great on my mantle!

Best thing to do is play MPO and be friendly. I still have faith, and think many are just checking out until things get more polished.

19. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

R34 caused a lot of issues for my char, which has led to a lot of unanswwrd concerns by devs. Which has led to me playing rocket league for few days. Which has led to buddies also playing other things.

My groups relativly still here but we hit more end game which led to less new content. So now its like putting off boring grind and stallen till we all on to do chill bains or cp. And cp is kinda broke atm.. and 2 of us were crit based so thode lack of answers preventing us from being on much. Another busdy has bad internet so its like 3 hour dl every day with all these patchs that seem to only fix the important things like decorations and... decorations.
    Dunno i dont think pops gone that much but more n more people taken breaks im sure as content becomes repetitve.

20. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Oh and i forgot to add i completly agree about the tutorial. 2/3 people i get into the game seem to need to be reconvinced by the end of the tutorial. Either they get hung up on it or have 0 idea whats going on i dunno. And they r avid gamers too.

But want me to keep motivating my group to stay active? Give me a fckn answer about why crit is still broken instead of 5 days later saying * a post is coming * then a foot note in patch along with 40 cosmetic touchups, then 5 min on seeing its still broken and not answrring the 5 threads for another 3 days and counting.

Pretty bad when players r running the numbers over and over with each type of weapon and skills asking for explination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.