Port Forwarding Needed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Complicationatbirth, Jul 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Complicationatbirth

Complicationatbirth Avatar

About 3 weeks ago I picked up a new router to change from my old linksys and ever since then I have been getting dc'ed from the game ALOT, my internet isnt dropping because my stream will stay up, everything else stays up, and it only happens with SoTA,

SO....

Is there any port forwarding that I can do to avoid getting constant disconnects?

Thanks!

Spoon likes this.
  2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Try:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ver-ip-for-server-connection.4987/#post-88876

3. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

I had an issue like this when I had the misfortune to buy an Asus router a few years ago (wasn't cheap either). The ADSL modem on it was rubbish - it would have frequent micro-disconnects only lasting fractions of a second sometimes, but whilst these didn't cause many things to have issues I got disconnected from games etc all the time. Handed the Asus back and got a top of the line TP Link one instead and never looked back :)

4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

If you got a new Linsys router and have QoS enabled... disable it! That caused the same disconnection issues for me when playing SOTA and rarely ever get the disconnect since I turned it off.

Woodchuck likes this.
  5. Complicationatbirth

Complicationatbirth Avatar

I wish it was a Linksys route but it is a netgear :( However I have gone into the QoS settings and there is no on/off option, mostly setting rules, I deleted all the rules and see if this fixes the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.