1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Post Episode 1 Content Plans (aka the 2 year plan)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

@DarkStarr

It also would be SO NICE if our small pets - no, not Icy ;) - Squirrels and equal - could sit on our shoulder :)

Numa likes this.
  2. Paladin Michael

@Barugon, it's you!

For the first time we met the body around the eye ;)
    Looks good!

Barugon likes this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

[​IMG]

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The previous forum avatar was the Neverwinter Nights logo. :)

Stundorn and Paladin Michael like this.
  5. Paladin Michael

So this means, it's time for Everspring Days? Great! :)

Barugon and Numa like this.
  6. Paladin Michael

Chatele likes this.
  7. Mirellani Brave

Mirellani Brave Avatar

Those are the features I love to see the most!.

I have to admit I am the VERY "fluff"-kind of Avatar.

Pretty please make the future mounts and all their features nothing else but stunning.

Eye candy special unique looks: mane, tails, horns, wings, coat colors. Give them abilities, talents, maybe some even turn out to be legendary
    Taming, buying, training, breeding them -> enable us to be a proud owner and/or collector.
    Add the option to show them to others in a stable/pasture area on a lot or a POT meadow...

I know those features are not essential but to be honest - this is what I would love to play with every day and gladly spend regular RL money for.

Stundorn, majoria70 and Numa like this.
  8. Cage Storm

Cage Storm Avatar

Looks like I will be playing this game for a very long time to come, fingers crossed :)

majoria70 and Numa like this.
  9. jackd23

jackd23 Avatar

For a 2+ years plan, there seems to be a dire lack of fishing related features. Stuck with years long supply of bass, salmon, trout, and an unrealistically high amount of absolutely unusable cloth and leather armour pieces. And I don't suppose you'll be able to take boats out in an adventure scene, to fish in a lake or river. Raise anchor. One forward. Two back. Drop anchor. If we get shipping lanes, somebody needs to order boat loads of polish ;P

10. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

@DarkStarr
    There is a typo in your initial draft.

Expose simple what?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  11. Brielle McFerson

Brielle McFerson Avatar

I would love to have the ability to rotate items 360 degrees. For example, the slim loaves of bread inside the basket leaning against the side. Place the long stemmed rose in a basket as if you have just cut them from the bush.

I would also like to see all the regions of armor dyeable. The new Assassin armor with the brown section that is not dyeable looks aweful with most colors.

12. Sir Brenton

Sir Brenton Avatar

I can't read through 14 pages of comments, so maybe this was mentioned, but I did a search on the draft as well as read through it and didn't notice anything about:

Performance

So does that hopefully mean this is a sooner rather than later thing? Can we get a game that doesn't hitch or stutter at some point? Pretty please?

end.

13. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Not a typo. simp is used for scripting and will apparently be used to pull data from SotA for use on website and other apps.

14. Morph

Morph Avatar

I understand from several post on the topic, that we're not ment to know much about character building as it encourages min/max...

Well I believe it's solemnly stupid, that I need several spreadsheets to know my char stats...

The stats does not tell us anything only what they do but not to what degree. How are we to make valid choices if we have no idea what we're planing for.. what is our crit chance? What is our crit multiplier, hit chance, etc. why hide the information, it's in the game as it calculate them for combat, why not show us?

If str really does not do me any good in the way I want to build, if I believe my hit chance is good enough and instead want to invest somewhere else...

I don't see the point of hiding our stats and capabilities... that should be added to the plan, to let us know what we are building and aiming for!

15. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

The *only* thing I really want going forward is the correctly oriented ingame map for my PoT. (That plus SoTAMAP to actually work ingame for my PoT.)

Any PoT owner who chooses a non-standard orientation template will encounter what I have encountered, ie, Portalarium is not providing the correct ingame maps and the map for changing the default entrance is incorrect. (Plus you will not have a functioning SoTAMAP ingame.) If new lands are opening up and possibly new PoTs will be sold then Portalarium really needs to fix this.

Here is the template I chose:

[​IMG]

Here is the map I am forced to use in the game - I have already filed bug reports, contacted Portalarium, etc. Please don't tell me to contact Jakub White - my ingame maps have zero to do with SOTAMap.

My takeaway after trying to get this fixed over a several month period is that I am pretty much SOL with having an accurate map. The *only* maps currently available ingame are the STANDARD orientation maps (see below) which is NOT what I have:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

calkano (PAX) likes this.
  16. Browncoat Jayson

They havn't made any new in-game maps for quite a long time. Until they get everything else done and circle back around to it, they have integrated SotAMap. So your choices really are to either work for Jakub to get it working, or wait until Port has time to create a bunch of map assets and get them hooked up in game. As much as I love in-game maps, its not the highest priority item I'd put on the list. However, adding in-game maps of every scene and POT variation should DEFINITELY be on @DarkStarr's list.

17. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

You are in luck since I reside in Serenite. I may overlook your Kobold boat out at sea *Grins*

18. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I can think of one in-game map that should not be on that list - Rats Nest.

Also, I haven't heard back from @Jakub White in months (his forum profile says he was last seen on 4/20 - interesting date). Has anyone had contact with him? I've tried to contact him several times to get Rats Nest removed from SOTAmap, but I never get a response. This is one of the problems with allowing third-party applications to be integrated with the game. I'd love to hear from Jakub, seems like an easy fix, just stop providing any information on Rats Nest, kthx.

19. Browncoat Jayson

Ugh, whatever. I could care less if anyone can find their way around your town.

The in-game maps (not SotAMap) only provide basic layout of the biome, not individual houses. But every biome template should have a map available.

Sean Silverfoot and Alley Oop like this.
  20. redfish

redfish Avatar

As it is, yea. Though I could imagine if they were to develop a future cartography system, since all the housing locations are stored on the server, they could potentially add tech that allows them to draw that information from the server and put those things on maps. Which would be cool !

(Btw, talking to Drocis, I don't think he minds this if you have to get the maps. From what I understand, he just wants to opt out of SotAMap)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.