1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Post Episode 1 Content Plans (aka the 2 year plan)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dargalin

Dargalin Avatar

I did actually check this out but as it turns out there appeared to only be one new hairstyle, and I had to spend COTOs to browse (which is very silly as I needed to go back to customer support and pester them to refund my cotos when I didnt buy any new styles)

majoria70 and LoneStranger like this.
  2. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

Is there progress on custom POTs? Maybe an ETA.

I know many have chosen to go with templates that have static or dynamic layout primarily because of release, but I've been excited for the POT owners that plan to stick to more of a custom design.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  3. Charlesscott1103

Charlesscott1103 Avatar

I'm completely sold. If even half of these come to fruition...this game will be groundbreaking!

4. Akeada

Akeada Avatar

Hand weapons for the Bludgeon skill tree and more magic/Physical damage spells to along side them

Jordizzle likes this.
  5. Macius34

Macius34 Avatar

How about Necromancy system - Frankenstein style!
    Death skills are all great but how about being able to piece together your own minion(s)

First you would harvest "ingredients" much like with any crafting activity, by killing the enemies of choice. You would then summon a cool "Harvester" pet (who would of course look suitably ghoulish, perhaps with a large sack on his back to hold the gathered body parts) :) - He is of course vulnerable to attack so it is important to protect your Harvester while he takes body parts from your fallen enemies. Once gathered you would then go to your "crafting table" (which could be an Altar or operating table of some kind) and assemble the parts. The cool thing would be that by combining different parts from different enemies your finished minion can contain elements of each. This would mean you could custom create your own being! For example by combining a Satyr archer with a Human mage, you may come up with a creature that can fire magical arrows and have a unique appearance, half Human half Satyr, for example. (Obviously there would be limits but hopefully the art could be added to support the creation of these hybrids in game)
    Your minion, as a companion would gain experience and level. You could even "enhance him" by adding body parts from different enemies. Could be a really unique system and allow all to become that true Necromancer they have always dreamed (had nightmares) of becoming :)

Just my thoughts :)

Kind Regards

Laird Scottish

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Proteus Tempest likes this.
  6. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

This Please for the love of all things holy!! :D We spend Sooo much on our POT's, these steep limits are horrible. With the massive increase in performance we've seen, can we please get some love on this matter sooner rather then later!

7. Paxall

Paxall Avatar

Hello,

Outside of any Steam Achievements, is there a planned achievement system, something similar to say SWTOR, or Diablo 3 ?

Best Regards

Paxall BraveHeart

majoria70 likes this.
  8. Sharok Alurien

Sharok Alurien Avatar

PLEASE fix the fishing system. A perfect cast in the middle of a school of fish should improve the chances of catching a fish, as an example. The fishing system in general is lightyears behind current technology as far as realism and immersive play is concerned.

Chatele, Sentinel2, Griffler and 2 others like this.
  9. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

I have a few ideas to share:

Economy:
    Traders from abroad appear at town docks, taverns or town squares for a short time (a week maybe). They sell odd items, items from foreign lands, and give quests so gather items they are looking to purchase

I am unfortunately not in the best spot for foot traffic so it would be great to be able to register my shop and location with the town crier. or a quest to visit shops (keep the economy running).

Upgrade mail system to have purchase orders for items so that things that I can easily make in my part of the world can be traded or sold to others that may have things I need / want.

Fishing upgrade:
    More variety of fish and fish that pertain to the bodies of water. Catfish in a swamp or creek, bass, salmon and trout in rivers and lakes, snook, snapper, grouper in oceans. And how about crabs and crawfish and more spawns for oysters. And more recipes for seafood.

The journal / questing log system:
    For a completionist like myself, the current system is so very muddled, confusing and irritating. You can't tell what quests are complete and which are not. How about making quests into "chapters"? How about adding a "header" that states ongoing or completed.

Taming:
    How come there aren't stats displayed to show what the level of your pet is?
    What are the attack rates?
    How come I can't reward my pet? Feed it, with treats that are made in the cooking skill that add buffs.

Lastly Banks:
    It would be nice if the bank was just like banks today where my "money" is available everywhere. It's frustrating to travel all over the continent getting encumbered with no where to drop your precious resources.

lolo21, Astirian, Steevodeevo and 2 others like this.
  10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

delete, meant to quote elsewhere

11. Nick

Nick Avatar

• Character Customization: More facial features, tattoos, scars, face types, body types
    Is this scheduled for 2019?

Chatele and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  12. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Read the list posted for what's coming, And I must say, I AM SO IMPRESSED... haven't been playing in awhile, need a break from the game, Burnt out.... But I am sure looking forward to what is coming…..

Astirian, Brian4 and Paladin Michael like this.
  13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

A disclaimer that this thread is a year and a half old as of 2019.

Alot has happened since this was posted, tho these things are what the devs want to put in game and some of them already have, some may not be in this year

14. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

Agreed, lots have changed.

15. Floors

Floors Avatar

This is why you should make a new thread, and not open up ones that have not had comments for 6 months.

Lesni likes this.
  16. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Yeah I'd love an updated version if this to see where we're at.

lolo21 and Chatele like this.
  17. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

really excited for all this content! looking forward to SotA's future!

Woooo megafauna!!!

I like this feature. Can smaller / sparse towns get an increase in wildlife? My town has few members, but also few deer and such. Id like to hunt in our forests, but theyre bare.

Thanks for adding some enhancements to agriculture. Can you please add some to Cooking? We desperately need the batch skill. Please add enhancements to the Cooking tree to your list of things for "Episode 2". At a bare minimum, can we focus on quality of life improvements? Though, I would love for cooking to be much more in-depth :)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.