Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Post-Fighting ideas for streamlining. Currently too much Clicky.

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by Aartemis, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

I talked with Chris yesterday a bit, so I wanted to formalize the thoughts I had on reducing some of the GUI Clicky.

After the fight, Auto-Stop combat and Sheath your weapons and return to the Default non-combat tool bar (could be an Option).

As I've mentioned in previous releases (and also it's mentioned by someone else here in R7), Please auto-close the window on "Take All"

You might also allow the player to set your default tools for Harvesting. Perhaps somewhere on the Character Screen, one box for each harvest type. This way all you need to do is double-click on the mob, node, etc to harvest. Perhaps it's just as simple as scanning the Non-combat toolbar for the harvest tool.

Edit: hmm on second thought I can see the dilemma here as every harvest might dictate a different tool - like using a Prosperity tool MOST of the time, but a Master Crafted one for say Black Pearls.. Not sure the best way to facilitate that.

It does not seem like a lot in theory the way it's currently set up but when you fight it turns out to be:

Click to Fight, Z to Sheath, Arrow for Non-combat tool bar, 1 to field dress, click to take all, click to close window, Click to loot, click to take all, click to close window.

That's like 8 clicks from combat finish to final loot. After fighting 20-30 things, it takes a toll.

I like the idea of option flags because I know every looting method, auto combat off, etc is not for everyone. Also some scenarios are different. For farming though, a couple things like auto closing on take all would make a huge difference.

P.S. I'm not trying to advocate an auto-loot/auto-harvest option. I understand the extreme short-cut that causes. I'm just trying to save a couple excess clicks.

Lana Rhiane, docdoom77, Kaisa and 2 others like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

A lot of good ideas here.

A few things I'd like to add. I'd like the ability to be in one inventory mode and click on the bag somewhere to automatically switch whenever I need to. For some things the old UO style backpack works great, for other things it's horrible and I'd like to see the numbers. I want to make this change by having either a hot key or a button I can press so I can switch at will.

Secondly, I want my chat window to fix itself all the time at the bottom of the screen, below the combat tool bar. I also want some kind of way to tell my keyboard that I'm not trying to chat at all but instead I'm using weapons and gear now so stop putting "wwwwsssssdddd" into the chat window because that's not helping me. I think the best solution might be to give me an easy way to do this on my mouse. I know that pushing both the left and right mouse buttons currently make you walk forward, but I think this might need to get changed out so that instead it allows players to toggle between chat and interaction mode more easily.

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Well they need to fix the bag style inventory so you can visually tell how much of an item you have just by looking at it. A single item should look different then a pack of 10 items. As long as they're putting in both inventory modes, it makes sense to be able to switch between them quickly, but hopefully they'll improve the bag style to the point that people don't feel they need to.

4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Yeah, that's my main complaint with the bag system, that everything I try to move automatically asks me if I want to move 1 thing. I just want to push stuff out of the way! I don't want to count it. :)

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

They could make whatever tool the person dragged first to the hotbar as the default tool... you don't need a separate screen.

I'm not sure why they have it so the resources appear in a bag. I think it might work fine if the resources just appeared on the ground.

Farming :(

6. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Great thinking, but I use the old style bag inventory, so why isn't there a "take all" for me? Maybe a right pointing arrow like crafting? and of course it should close the pack afterwards.

Alternately, I just walk away and the open loot window closes...

I do wish that once combat finishes, that the tool bar reverts to "tools" and I can use the # keys for the tools I have equipped (it used to work that way, but not since combat took over the # keys). I'll try "z" key and see if that works too, after all you're battle is done, and auto attack should re-arm you if attacked, right...

And Light spell, I should be able to put in the "combat" bar, and the "tool" bar as well... using a 2 hand weapon (or shield) dis-allows any torch...

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

The bag inventory is useless, especially at "high" (aka normal) resolutions.

It's cute looking to remember UO Corpse box but it's totally useless with even the amount of items we have to start off with now.

I highly recommend a way to toggle between modes via a button instead of from options if you're going to keep it, but I think it's better to default to inventory with a large view on mouse-over.

8. Lained

Lained Avatar

Alternatively the game should detect long key presses of the movement keys and react accordingly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.