Post the coolest Decoration Items you find ingame

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myrcello, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Hi all.

If i would be a new player loving to decorate a House i would quickly start asking myself what cool items i can find ingame either threw own crafting or through Quest Rewards.

Decorating in SWG did work alot like this.

I did walk around and inspected other houses. They had some very cool Item, Trophy standing around.
    I then checked on the Internet how to get it.

If a Item was very cool for my House Decoration and was a very very hard and long Quest i liked it even more. It did mean i would end up with a rare decoration showing also off a deducation and a success for others.

I would not regard purchasable items as Items of Pride in my house.
    I would hate if i would be confrontet to much with Decoration items that are rewards for participating at events or only purchasable andoccured at a certan time and day, moreover if they would have taken place prior to release and i am fresh at release at the Game.
    So i think it is fine to have some of them. But if you as a new player count a very high amount of these items you might get disappointment and turn away.

It is all about a good Balance. I think personally the Ratio should be like 70% of obtainable Ingame Items i can optain through playing and maybe 30% of Add on Store and Events and such.

To attract the 40 Dollars Customer base that come to this Game for House decoration try to get a Balance with cool items you get through in game activity.
    Even if it is a Dance Quest - dance one hour on the center of town and get a dance medal To hang up.
    Those 40 Dollar Customers might not use your add on store. They may not invest in your Kickstarter 2. but they breathe live into your servers and may purchase the base cost of your next episode.
    Try not to give them the feeling that 90% of items they find cool in other houses are not gameable.
    Get that in Balance.

Your Housing System is by far your strongest feature. Your Shining.
    That will be i guess attracting player housing lovers.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  2. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Agree. 100%

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Alleine Dragonfyre and Myrcello like this.
  4. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I'm looking for the skull sword myself. A beautiful weapon which somehow reminds me of this :

Myrcello likes this.
  5. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

I have had several large town and city houses decorated using only in game gold. Even the items only found on the add-on store are easily obtainable for gold from other players.

Hornpipe likes this.
  6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

IMO, a couple of the coolest deco items in the game are loot from an NPC in Blood River Outskirts named Naturaman's. He actually spawns in 2 different locations that I'm aware of. At one spot, he drops his Eye, the other spot he drops his hand.

Both of these items have a pulsing green glow to them that gives them a cool "wow" factor. Very easy to obtain, even for a new player since this is a newbie zone.

Here are a couple screen shots of them:

The view of the glow from the bottom of my stairs...
    [​IMG]

A closeup of them sitting in my display case (UI hidden for better view).
    [​IMG]

The screenshots don't even do them justice. They have a foggy green haze emanating from them and the green glow pulses from light to bright.

I should note that they each count as a light source for your property limits so keep that in mind if it's a concern for you.

I have mine in an add-on store display case, but Ashmaul came up with a pretty creative way to display his. The eyeballs can actually fit into the eye sockets of a skull!
    [​IMG]

I highly suggest everyone hunting these things down. ;)

7. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

The eyes will fit in the nostrils is the dragon bone throne, and hands on the ends of the arms of the throne.
    I didn't know they counted as light sources. (Does a candle count as a light source when it's not lit?)

8. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Yes

9. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Imo it's a lot more about the decorator than the decorations. There are a lot of really great player decorated places that are just made with basic stuff that's worth almost nothing. If I was really into decorating, I don't think I would feel very limited even if I couldn't buy a lot of stuff from the store.

I'm not much of an artist myself, but I've still enjoyed decorating with just the basic stuff.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.