Postal Services established in New Britannia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WrathPhoenix, Nov 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Great stuff. I can see mail delivery service being quite the beneficial service to those who are flagged PvP, to get things home safely, as an example, by allowing non-pvp flagged individuals to transport their goods for them.

Others will just appreciate saving time, not having to travel across the land to pick up/deliver things.

Thanks for sharing, and for pioneering in this exciting new industry!

p.s. I'd love to hear some background music in the video.. ;-)

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Great idea! I salut you for your creativity. Good luck!

Edit: Btw I would be interested to connect Drakenhof... Or better the complete Drachenbund city's.

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
  3. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

That wouldnt be impossible to work out! We can contact you in game and give you an idea of how we set this up and what you need and then we can get the service going quite swiftly.

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Spam mail O.O jk

Themo Lock likes this.
  5. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Soooo.... Yeah. This idea blew up even bigger than @Violation and I had planned. So far in 48 hours people from 4 different clusters in 13 main towns and accounting for almost 50 total player owned towns jumped on board...,

This ISNT a bad thing but it has prompted me to Insure I pay port phoenix's post master general a weekly living wage. Because this has suddenly become quite a bit of work! This isn't a bad thing though.... It just means we need to buckle down and get more serious about this feature!! 13 outgoing mailboxes so far are established to many major clusters. Still anxiously awaiting talks with dratchenfels and Beran reach folks....

6. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

7. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Vallas (Beran’s Reach) Avatar

This is amazing work! Consider us onboard with this, well done guys. :D. We'll see what resources we have and where we can allocate space. If you need any additional room for a sorting office, you'll get it.

8. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Vallas (Beran’s Reach) Avatar

Let's have a chat about this ASAP, absolutely love the idea. Will send you a PM!

9. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Thanks Vallas :) Been trying to line up with your time online for a while now.

10. GimmeUOPlz

GimmeUOPlz Avatar

Ugh. One more reason for me to dislike having pvp and non-pvp on the same server. Watered down pvp with diminished or non-existent consequences...

Cool idea, I actually like it, w/e. Unfortunate when you consider its affect on already watered down pvp. W/e I guess, it has already been apparent for a long time that this game will have little to no hardcore pvp appeal.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  11. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Don't they still have to get to the PO alive for this to do them any good? At least you know where you need to be to intercept, no?

12. GimmeUOPlz

GimmeUOPlz Avatar

Except for the fact that flagging pvp is also not permanent and can be switched back and forth, and for the fact that POTs will offer huge amounts of protection, and for the fact that people will just scout beforehand to ensure total safety, and for the fact that with the "ransom" loot system instead of full loot its a dice roll if it will even be worth while to intercept them, and for the fact that all of this makes no difference because people can just use a second non-pvp account to interact with the postal service.

I hope at the very least that this service will be offered to every person and every guild equally, no matter how much the organizers and operators of the postal service may hate them. I guess do whatever, it's your system and your hard work going into it, would just be a shame to me if a huge advantage would be given to some and denied others based on how much they are E-liked.

13. nimueCW

nimueCW Bug Hunter

Very excited for Wolves Den to be a part of this! I can't wait to see how it evolves and grows.

Viviane Loch,
    Mother, Clan of the Wolf

14. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Letters with wax seals imprinted with our own unique signet rings would be awesome!! Not sure how detailed it could be...but I vote yes!

15. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Would think you'd like this service because the individual that turns his/her flag off, will now just drop off the package and turn it back on to head back for more stuff in the pvp zone. So you can get another chance?;)

16. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

And we are pleased beyond words to have the wolves as part of the network!

nimueCW and Whyterose Flowers like this.
  17. GimmeUOPlz

GimmeUOPlz Avatar

I'd rather have it where people who elected to play open pvp had to play the entire game like that tbh.

Arena pvp doesn't appeal to me much which is what this game is going to have for the most part. Sure its fun for awhile but then it gets repetitive, stale and boring. I enjoy the danger of pvp in every aspect of my mmos, and yes I firmly believe that pvp should be forced onto people who want to play in open pvp even if they'd prefer to only do it sometimes. Otherwise pvp is pretty meaningless imo. None of this matters because this game isn't going to deliver that and I will enjoy the game for what it is.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  18. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Dara brae, Findupre and several others have joined the network. Once negotiations with elgarion are complete half the regions in new Britannia will have mail service !!!

19. Womby

Womby Avatar

First letter received by the editors at the Unreliable Travel Guide!

20. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

The funny thing is that I signed up to be the Republic's Postmaster General, WELL over a year ago, IIRC... Anyway, a long long time ago in a gala... Oh wait, wrong script...

Anyway, exited to finally be able to actually do the job I have signed up for... One of them anyway... Libraries are still a challenge as long as every individual book in a case counts towards item limits... :(
    (I have some ideas for that too, but never gotten around to actually writing it up...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.