1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

POT and in-town teleporters

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by that_shawn_guy, Aug 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

1) Add multiple destination version of the POT teleporter
    The reason Muti-destination version exist in NPC towns is to cutdown on the clutter. POTs have the same need.

2) Add "overworld" to list of destinations to POT teleporter
    This would make it easier to setup "travel districts" in more remote locations

3) Make POT and in-town teleporters trade-able (remove heritage)
    If I want to setup a connection with another town, I'd like to give them the teleporter of the type I want and have it already dyed.

4) Make these items more forgiving when it comes to placing on uneven ground
    I should be able to place a wagon at the same location as a dev placed one.

5) Give a onetime free removal option for dev placed wagons, boats, etc.
    Since town owners are responsible for interconnects, I'd like an easy option to remove the existing teleports.
    Maybe the least dev time option would be to give us an option to hide these teleporters.

Net, Winfield, craftymethod and 2 others like this.
  2. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

+1 for all items, 1-5. Going further with the POT teleporters will be great!

For #1, I have 8 balloons on my castle island to connect to different towns (soon). Would be nice to have one balloon. I'd be willing to "pay" for additional connections.
    -- I would imagine a "fee" is needed (COTOs) to add additional connections for multiple destinations.
    --- Starts with the original purchase of POT teleporter allowing one connection.
    --- Then if need another connection, add a connection menu could ask for the additional COTOs.

For #4 ... YES! Not sure how easy that is to program in Unity. But we have remote areas, hillsides, that are great places... but can't put a teleporter there (maybe a signpost). Hmm.

For #5 ... can this be done through a $25 service request? We'd list the dev-placed teleporters/boats/wagons to be removed? It would not affect the other town's dev placed connector, that would still work.

Net, that_shawn_guy and Ravenscar like this.
  3. Net

Net Avatar

Maybe a simple recipe that combines multiple teleporters to one with more locations available would easily fix this.

PS: as a user, when I am new to town I like if there is one boat and I can easily choose where to go. However if I am in the town often, I really like individual boats so I can just click on the right one and be on my way no need to go through the extra screen. I mean, it took me a while to remember where my favourite boats are in the PaxLair and Islands of Wonders, but now I really like just clicking the proper boat without being stopped by extra screen and selecting one. It is not a big deal, just wanted to point out that in some situations it is not a bad thing to have more teleporters available.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also in Wizards Rest snowy Biome the signposts don't go close to sone important areas like the water (frozen water) area and the lousy makeshift added fishing holes few use or could even find. I would wish we could place a few of our own at least.

Edited spelling

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    Anpu and Elrond like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.