1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

POT - auto-generating minimap

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Warius, Oct 22, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warius

Warius Avatar

You know this game where you have to mine and craft in a random-generating world? Well, there's a nice feature in it : the map.
    You can draw a map wherever you are and it will give you a "view from the sky" type of map (I know it's similar to the technique used in SotA).
    Well, since POTs are ever changing, maybe adding such a feature with a refresh every x time could be nice and will allow us to have maps of POTs.

Thanks!

FBohler likes this.
  2. FarmerJack

FarmerJack Avatar

I know that this has been looked at - and plenty of suggestions about how to implement it. One group of suggestions was to have the POT governor(s) the ability to modify the standard layout map with the various deco and lot positions, sort of like an editable overlay.

Warius likes this.
  3. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Echondas and Tiina Onir like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Unfortunately, that’s only for older (?) pot, but not all. My town of Hemut isn’t shown there.

Tiina Onir and Lained like this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yep. not just only for older plots, but for older lotstones within them. you can move existing ones around and the owner will be kept track of, but new ones placed don't show.

Echondas likes this.
  6. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

And whenever they update, in most towns, it screws with any links you might have to it.

While what Jacob White wrote for that was awesome (particularly considering he was not Portalarium staff), it should have gotten continued development after Portalarium acquired it. Unfortunately, it's bit-rotted instead. I'm not sure anyone still at Catalarium knows how it works :(

FBohler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.