PoT Connections

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by 2112Starman, Feb 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

So my PoT is nested in Desolis. My guilds PoT is a 5 second walk to the West by the coast in the Desolis area. Before we go and buy support tokens we have been wondering if this distance is short enough for us to link the PoT's?

Jonah Hayes likes this.
  2. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

From what I can remember the gap can't be greater than 1 hex. I would imagine a 5s walk is too greater distance. Worth checking out though.

3. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Unfortunately it is too far, based on my experience. Breaker's Landing is just across the bridge from Brittany, so I asked for a boat, but no dice. No harm in asking though.

4. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

It is within 1 hex of your town.

5. Lace

Lace Avatar

Also start a PM thread with your pot owners you want to connect to .. and add dev .. hmm i forget name but get them all to say yes and with the deve .. they can make the interlink happen even with other locked pots .. you will have to pay if yours is locked ... let me find dev name. will pm you with it if I can find it.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

you are asking the wrong people - ask them in a support request they will answer you.

Also make sure you understand that the connection point will be dropped at the default main entrance to your town. you cannot get it moved to any other ones so if oyu are not using the game default entrance the linking point will be there.

I am linkied to FwF from my town you can look there and compare the distance between Grumpie Hermits Hide-a-Way (at the end of dock off Breken Bay) north of Britany and FwF is a good ways up the coast soooo.

7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

@Sannio is your man (put a ring on it).

Numa likes this.
  8. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Did I just hear my name? :)

@PlagueOfLocust is our main POT wrangler these days, but I can chime in with a few general comments that may help you make your decision.

First, in order to connect one POT to another POT (or an NPC town), the POTs should be "adjacent" to one another. I see Serenite is the only POT on the Grunvald coast, so I assume that's where your guild is headquartered. Unfortunately, Serenite (or any POT on the coast) is much too far from Desolis for an interconnection.

Second, here's an option you might consider: Some people nest their POTs within other POTs instead of NPC towns. If you're OK with this, consider checking with your POT-owning guildmate to see if it's OK with them, too.

Third, before we could make any kind of interconnection change (whether just a connecting teleporter or changing your "parent" POT from an NPC town to a guildmate's POT), the Devs first need to know all POT owners agree to the change. Lace had a good suggestion about starting a PM thread with the POT owners you want to connect to, and include @PlagueOfLocust, in which you'd explain what the change would be and the other players can agree if they want. This sort of PM thread helps us confirm everyone's on board with the same change, BUT...and this is super IMPORTANT...you'd still need to buy a support voucher, put in your request, and re-lock your POT form after updating it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.