POT Contest - Please tell the news outlets!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladamir Begemot, Apr 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Negative feedback isn't necessarily whining. Port have consistently screwed things up and continue to do so. It's why the game population continues to be on its knees and why the game is now being "developed" from various Dev's homes.

Personally I don't say such things to be whiney or even gloating but because it's so frustrating and disappointing.

If someone sees that as whining then that's equally disappointing for me.

Cordelayne, Amelli, Xandra7 and 2 others like this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I almost never say such things. But I feel this time it is deserved.

3. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams Avatar

Who are you referring to - as you put it?

I would not ask for advice from you, I never realised you were the oracle of information regarding SOTA.

As many players have said here it has been a poorly thought out and planned contest, aimed at the Twitch fan who follow Atos on his stream.
    If this wasn't the case it would have been promoted and revealed here on the official forums.

Agree 100%

Vladamir you just want to get your post count up, and argue that your own opinion is far superior to anyone else's.
    It is just one in the many as is mine.

4. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

So I am just wondering.... (with NO Disrespect or Malice insinuated)
    How is Your "feedback" any more valid & less "whiny" than everyone else?

Aren't we "all singing from the same Hymnbook" on the fact there should have been an "Official Announcement" HERE, on the "Official Shroud Forum" before any Lots were handed out?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    Cordelayne, Cyin and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ok, maybe I'm being whiny. Disregard and move on to whatever you feel like. Happy Sunday Don't forget the swap meet it'll help you raise the funds to participate 7pm central time.

6. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I appreciate your honesty, in acknowledging the difference/similarity in feedback & sounding whiny.

I for one, have always been a firm supporter/champion of the Dev Team & their efforts
    (even though at times, my feedback has not agreed with the decisions the Team has taken, I feel it has mostly been constructive, although of course, my opinion/perception)

I will not "move on" to whatever...
    I am a Loyal one game player & don't play other games to fill the gaps in development in Shroud.

Thank You for your offer to attend Your organised Swap Meet for funds...

Personally, I have more than enough funds, rare items & Friends ingame, to help me to enter & deco a Village Lot for this "unofficially announced" Contest.
    But I appreciate You having the opportunity to "plug/advertise" your swap meet here on the Official Forum...

In closing, I just wish the Team had taken the same opportunity to "plug/advertise" this AMAZING opportunity to win a POT Here on the Official Forums, before it kicked off.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    Cordelayne, Amelli and Grimace2 like this.
  7. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Hmmm

Amelli likes this.
  8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

That's not what I meant. I'd hate to see you move on! :eek: I meant move on from worry about my saying things are whiny. Just call me whiney and lets get to constructive conversation, I'm ok with that.

9. Krissa Lox

Krissa Lox Avatar

I'll try not to be lengthy with my feedback here. It's mostly all stuff I've said before, just a brief reiteration to point out some disability-related concerns in case they also affect others besides me. (If it's just me that has these issues, then I'm okay with sitting out this time around in hopes of better implementations in the future.)

1. It's my understanding (though from just personal perception, not hard data) that a number of people with social disabilities, myself included, were attracted to this game because of selective multiplayer.

2. Some of those people really enjoyed being able to contribute to the world through property decoration, but found the feasibility and experience of such greatly diminished by the removal of selective multiplayer.

3. Now we're going to have a high-stakes contest requiring decorators to all move into the same centralized, livestreamed location together, and without use of the magic mover which would have at least allowed us to build in a more private place and then share the final completion.

Okay, if this is something that's just being done for the sake of providing interesting livestreaming content, then fine. I'm not happy with the choice of deco of all things to facilitate this, both because there's still some hurt felt by people who needed to move or abandon past properties they put a lot of love and care into because of the selective multiplayer change who might now again feel that their contributions aren't valuable or desired, and because even people without disabilities strongly contested that deco is a lot more difficult to do without better accessibility controls. But while I may be unhappy with it, if I know that the intended purpose is for creating marketing material then I can more easily accept that I'm just not the right kind of player to help with this purpose.

But if the purpose is for finding and cultivating more talent that's willing to invest alongside you in building this world together, this is a gate that will likely be counterproductive to bringing some of it in. In my particular case, I was one of the winners of the first New Britannian deco contest and I have a deposit down for one of the overland POTs to come in Episode 2, specifically minded for the purpose of being able to create a community that could cater individually to helping people with special needs. I have a serious interest in a contest like this, but social anxiety is a real-life health and quality of life issue for me, not something I can afford to be cavalier with no matter high a prize is offered.

10. Skye Azure

Skye Azure Avatar

WOW!!!!!! There is a competition to decorate a house and win a player owned town? That is amazeballs!!!!
    We all currently have row houses but the Oracle has given us all village deeds which none of us has used yet. Can we use them for this? Where can we place them for the contest? Do we have to craft our own house to put on the village land? How does this work?
    Can anyone here link me with the information about this contest? I play with 3 friends & none of us so far have read about this competition on the forum but we would love to have a go at this. Can we just craft items to decorate or do we have to first craft a house, if so which one? do we have to use gold crowns to buy stuff to have a chance to win or can we just craft stuff for decorating? Maybe the 3 of us can work together to create a winning entry? (2 of my friends love crafting & harvesting stuff. They are way higher level than me in crafting and adventuring levels) but I am willing to start harvesting more to help. Please let me know where to find the information about this competition so I can share with my friends.
    This is such an exciting prize and we would love to join in for a chance to win. or is this only targetted towards existing old players? Either way I am going to follow this post and see what is needed, we can only dream :) I Love this game and how helpful the community is!

Grizzly Adams, Grimace2 and Alioth like this.
  11. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

Official details haven't really been released yet, but one of the main devs @Chris did a 4 hour stream on Twitch yesterday with a lot of preliminary information.

If you're not sure how to find the stream, it's on twitch, which is a different platform and a learning curve for some of us who have never used it before.

Link to yesterday's stream with more info: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/410540465

Deja Moo and Jaesun like this.
  12. Lained

Lained Avatar

A detailed post should be up tomorrow.

13. Thxforthememories

Thxforthememories Avatar

As a former POT owner, I can’t believe that one of the rules of this is “you can’t already be a POT owner”. Because if a non POT owners wins, I’ll eat my hat. Okay, I won’t do that but will go kick 1000 bits to SotA on chris’ Stream. I know that is hard to enforce, but if this community is as tight knit as I remember, surely this isn’t that hard - I mean, if the goal is to showcase this game to outsiders. But it seems that my thought earlier is correct - this contest has nothing to do with that and is for existing players really, so I guess cool Coto/Twitch bit sink Chris.

The amount of deco and practice town owners have is immense. The judging will be people on Chris’ stream, which are hugely tilted to long time players who, you guessed it, own towns. New players or unknown players have no chance - please don’t make this game look bad trying to make it seem otherwise. Keep it an inclusive little lark for the stream viewers, but goodness do not blow this up anything beyond that given what we currently know.

A miracle could happen this entire thread is considered before the “official” post, but I am not holding my breath on that.

Such a good intention here, but it is on the road to you know where with the shooting from the hip and lack of professional planning.

Cordelayne and Gorthyn like this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

That's not the reason. Most games don't even pay attention to forums or devs. Imo we focus too much on it. Getting what is still needed and still missing in the game is most important to the success of this game as well as improving what is already there that needs improved. Attention to detail in all systems to make them engaging, sometimes challenging, and more interesting as well. Not just grindfests. Loot definitely needs to find it's way in this game. More improvements to loot for sure. Not just more but all loot needs looked at. Clean the junk out of it. It doesn't matter whether they do all of this at home or in an office building. Of course bringing on more devs is something I am hoping for and soon. Everyone whines sometimes, ummm sounds like a song or it should be one. Having an announced or not announced event can be disappointing but he said he will announced it. No body loses out. Some are just later to the party but again not everyone can be there every time if they don't catch Chris' livestreams. If I miss one I listen to it later while I'm playing the game. Ok just imo.

15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

BTW, it's not my swap meet, I just am the one hosting most of the time.

I encourage and would like others to do so. It is not the S Mart Swap Meet, it's the Sunday Swap Meet. It can happen in any location and be hosted by anyone.

16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well we still should have gotten the announcement by now. @Chris and @DarkStarr come on lets get an official announcement. It is a fantastic contest

17. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

While it may not matter (in theory) whether the Devs are in an office or at home (personally I think there is a negative impact of this clearly evident already) the reason for it is the continuing flatlining of the game.

I think many (myself included) would agree that the things you mention need improving/implementing but thing is a previously much bigger Deb team didn't seem willing or able to do that. Not sure how they can do that now with the current team size. Not sure they intend to either.

Am aware this is heading off topic from the main thread subject so will leave my thoughts there.

18. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I think Chris said it multiple times during the stream (I think at least 4 times) that there will be an official announcement after DS has reviewed his draft on monday.
    He also mentioned that he just starts to let people claim lots because he has been asked by a lot of avatars who heard him mentioning the upcoming decoration contest during his prior streams.
    No one knows what the rules will be but a lot of avatars simply wanted to start to decorate and I do not think if you have most likely 3 weeks to decorate additionally 2 days will make a difference.
    If you do not like to do a blind bargain simply wait a little and read the announcement before you decide as there is always room for more lots even if they need to create a second, third or fourth PoT to let everyone interested participate.

The only info about the contest I remember are these:
    - send 100000 gold, 1000 cotos or 1000 bits to Chris if you would like to participate and Chris will place a marker and reserve it on your name
    - if the current event PoT is filled to the brim Chris will create additional PoTs
    - you will have likely 3 weeks to decorate the lot
    - during the last week you will most likely not be able to use the magic mover
    - there will be different categories like the “best dance floor”
    - Chris will present every lot by flying in ghost mode 2-3 minutes around and inside and then there will be some kind of tool to measure the viewers liking
    - there might be a possibility to join the live stream and say some words about your lot while ghost-Chris is flying around

majoria70 and Grimace2 like this.
  19. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

From what i remember being said that there will be two types of voting. Dev and players. They are trying to figure out how to keep the cheating on votes to a minimum as large guilds may sway the voting. Only one vote per account so alts cant vote. Seperate accounts that is different. I think this should work. As for restrictions on who can participate that is not clear. So i might change my deco plans. Its not too hard to deco if there are particulars involved.

20. Hillt

Hillt Avatar

When is the announcement supposed to come out? My connection isn't too good to watch streams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.