Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

POT Decoration Limits is still low and not even close to allowing players to do much

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Aug 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

A Holdfast might as well not even bother ;

NPC Building 1, NPC 2, External Objects 40, External Lights 10, and External Containers 1

How is that decorating? I do not care about the NPC stuff I understand how they are balancing issues for what was spent (do not me get on about upgrading - another issues all together)

But even with a Metropolis;

NPC Building 15, NPC 30, External Objects 260, External Lights 80, and External Containers 7

A lot more, 260, but that is still not worth the effort you eat them up quickly.

Especially since you "weigh" a simple pitcher as the same as a Larger cobblestone paver.

First - off upgrades need to included deco just like house lot upgraded with pledge upgrades.

Secondly - the base number needs to be increase ALOT. If the decorations and stuff in Britany is not causing issues with loading and graphics then a POT should be able to handle ALOT more items. Very many more.

Third - items need to be weighted more; a mug should weigh like 1/10 and a Castle Wall 1. That would make decorating actually worth something.

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Main reason I go static.

3. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

Yep. Static it is for the same reason. It seems that may be the only way of getting our POT close to the design we hsd in mind. As they have stressed the need for every POT to be a metropolis sized instance and in the last update stressed that POTs could not look like "kingsport" because of the size requirements (I'd like to take credit for that as I actually think we had asked portalarium to use kingsport as a model idea when we designed our seaside holdfast of hawkwind harbor). It makes decorating the towns even harder and makes for the POGT phenomenon...player owned ghost town. I still think the sheer number of POTs was unexpected and threw a wrench in the game development works. It also left them on the backburner

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, they were planning trying to increase the number later on.

But I think its in all players benefits that POTs be nicely decorated, even those that don't live in them, since it means less cookie cutter towns on the map, and makes more nice spaces in the game for people to play in. Nothing fancy. Just you should be able to put basic things like walls, lamps, pavers, trees, benches, fountains, lamps, etc. without struggling with deco limits.

5. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I built a small road the width of a large paver, about the length of two village lots and it ate up roughly 40 of my 60 deco spots. Guess I'm not paving paths to peoples homes.

6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Id also like to see where you can set up a cpl small themed crafting areas with out need villiage lots for each one. Place a textile tailoring station and some deco in one area, and then the smithy type stuff and related deco in another area.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

What would it take to have my POT look like it's been work by Steve?

8. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

I actually addressed a similar thing with one of the developers a few weeks ago and they hope to make some changes to decoration in POT in a few future releases away. One of the things I suggested to them was allowing less restriction on where you can place your decoration. I thought having a nice beautiful wharf would be a good idea and told them we cannot even place anything on the docks or along the ocean and many items are restricted even then where you can place.. Hopefully in a few releases we will have more room for decoration and more places we can place :)

9. Mandalar

Mandalar Avatar

I think this is the first time I have ever agreed with Weins.

Hornpipe likes this.
  10. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

11. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Base on the recent trend on the forum, your thread title needs adjustment. It should now be, "Please increase POT deco limit to save the game."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.