POT Interconnection Teleporters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Warrior B'Patrick, Jul 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

@Sannio Here we are a year later..

It's impressive how well this turned out. I dare say it is actually better than the original dev controlled linkage. If I may just suggest a couple improvements in order of importance.

1. When linking to an NPC town, the NPC towns should link back in the same way it works for the return boat in the Fishing Expedition.
    2. Novia should be an option to that we can link to the overland map.
    3. The auto-return boat (and others models) like in Fishing Expedition should be available for sale for POT's that don't want to create a ton of return links.
    4. The same types of links should be used by NPC towns for consistency.
    5. It would be great, but probably too much hassle, to convert the pre-existing POT inter-connections to the same method for consistency. Maybe just give the POT's a free choice of wagon, balloon, boat or for each pre-existing interconnect and let the owners place them.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    Elgarion likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

And Mistrendur and Hidden Vale.

It would also be nice if it had an option to bring up the list of destinations instead of just one.

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you like them. :)

Interesting ideas! I added them into our Jira system for us to keep in mind.
    • Adding "return to origin" teleporters to NPC Towns (like the one in Fishing Expedition) is #69448.
    • Adding "return to origin" teleporters to the in-game store as deco items is #69449.
    • Adding the overworlds as targets for teleporter deco items is #69450
    Note that this doesn't guarantee we'll do them, or do them as described, but we'll look into it and see what's possible, if anything.

4. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Not sure how to do it. But i would prefer to have all POT wagons in my town to be on ONE wagon. That would free up space from around my stone bridge with all the wagons. Same with the boats on the docks. I am still pretty new to governorship so not sure how to change those that were already placed in the town.
    I know in Kingsport there is a POT connection wagon that has all in one instead of separate ones for each town. Can we have those in our pots now instead of all the individual wagons and boats. Thank you

Barugon and that_shawn_guy like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, instead of bringing up the list of destinations in order to set the destination of the teleporter, just bring up the list of destinations when someone uses the teleporter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.