Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PoT NPCs still glitching through walls of NPC Buildings

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Lasazarr, Jan 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lasazarr

Lasazarr Avatar

1/28/2018 1:22 PM
    Title: PoT NPCs still glitching throug walls of NPC Buildings

Reproduction Rate: 100%

Blocker? No

Details: The NPCs which are placed inside their NPC Buildings doesnt stay at the places where they are placed from me. After a while, they are glitching through the Walls of the NPC Building and appear outside (in front of the Building or at the sides or at the back of it, depends which Building it is) and didnt find the way back in. They do not use the Door to leave the Building.

Steps to Reproduce: Place an NPC Building in an PoT (f.e. the NPC Bank Building), place an NPC inside (f.e. the Banker NPC on the Groundfloor, the Homes Merchant NPC and Decoration Merchant NPC on the second Floor). Then wait ... after some time, they are glitching through the walls

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12) System RAM: 32707
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPU RAM: 11132
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.723.Date.01.26.18
    Area: POT_alpine_metropolis_01_template/Gladsheim
    Area Display Name: Gladsheim
    Loc: (59.3, 38.0, 135.5)
    Debug: UE9UX2FscGluZV9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEdsYWRzaGVpbXwoNTkuMzQ1LCAzNy45OTcsIDEzNS40NjgpfCgwLCAwLjgyOCwgMCwgLTAuNTYxKXwzNDUuNjY3OHwxOC44NTIxNnw3LjE0NTQxOQ==

Alley Oop likes this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

hmm. I just created bug #: 55395 for the NPC Tavern with this specific behavior. Now I'm thinking maybe it's not the walls, but these specific NPCs. This bug report I submitted may need to be modified. We need to narrow down the issue further.
    Stay tuned, researching.
    @Lasazarr

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

@Lexie I have noticed the same thing with the homes merchant and deco merchant in Veritas Sanctuary.

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Cora Cuz'avich
    Yeah, if it is ALL buildings, which I suspect...it's probably the NPCs.
    Do they 'glitch' or 'skip' around as if they are teleporting? Or do they simply pretend that the wall is not there?

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

@Lexie They don't skip, they just frequently spawn outside the building. And when they are inside the building, it is often standing on the furniture. Once in a rare while, they will be outside, and in a sitting position, but with no chair.

Lexie likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yes, while right now in my barn it's all of them, when it's happened in previous releases it's been some npcs and not others.

7. Lasazarr

Lasazarr Avatar

When they are placed outside of an Building, and not inside the green Borders of the Building, they stay on their places.
    If they are placed outside of an Building, and inside the green Borders of the Building, they have then the same bug.

I've seen the Bug so far with:

Buildings:
    Magic Shop, Combat Shop, Bank, Home Shop

NPCs:
    Magic Merchant, Armor Merchant, Weapons Merchant, Combat Merchant, Homes Merchant, Decorations Merchant, Banker, Guard

The Bug was implemenent since the PoT NPCs get some AI Features which let them walk around. Before there was no issue with them.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Lexie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.