Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

POT owners should be able to decide which house types are allowed in town

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

POT owners should be able to decide which house types are allowed in town.

If a POT owner wants to exclude certain house types that do not fit with the theme of the town, there should be a way to exclude those house types by default. (in before adobe row housing is an option)

cartodude, Atogrim, Budner and 4 others like this.
  2. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i like the idea of this, although i would opt out from using it.

example: if this town has lore AGAINST the obsidian order, the pot owner should be able to disallow obsidian architecture on the premises.

3. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

Yes please!

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

While I'm not at all against the idea.. it is really little more than a feature of convenience isn't it? Just set a rule.. let it be known and evict anyone who doesn't follow it. Though I don't imagine it would take too much dev time to actually do it. I'd put it on the future wishlist.

KuBaTRiZeS and ThurisazSheol like this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

You're correct. However there's a problem with that. As a POT owner I don't want to be in the HOA business, I want to have fun. I don't want to have to police what kind of row house someone has. My POT has 524 lots and it's open pvp. Why do I need that headache just because the game allows anyone to pick whatever house they want, even if your POT ends up with 25 light houses in the middle of a desert. :)

If I'm the POT owner and I don't want a certain kind of home, I should simply avoid the nuclear option and just exclude it by default. Then there's no expectations, no hurt feelings, no arguments, no customer service complaints, no banings, etc...

It's not just about me personally or POT owners, it's really about what's best for the game.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  6. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

Having too many Player Owned Town owners turn down certain types of housing could cause issues for the game's revenue though? If too many Governors start blacklisting the same housing. I can't see the Devs choosing to create a system for people to put in place which could in effect throw up a wall in front of people from buying a certain type of house because the place they wan't to live in doesn't allow it.

Then again, there really is nothing stopping you from not allowing people to place(yes the long way around) or you from kicking someone who upgrades a current allowed home to a future disallowed home.

What is best for the game indeed? :)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  7. smack

smack Avatar

Maybe you should have a sign posted outside your POT so people know what they can't do:

[​IMG]

8. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

lol maybe have a "no tresspassing, violators will be PVP'ed" on all open-pvp towns?

9. redfish

redfish Avatar

~whistles~ Devs should also be able to decide which houses are allowed in an NPC town.

~ducks and exits~

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  10. Drocis the Devious

In theory, this would be a healthy exclusion that would create supply and demand. If most POT owners don't like Adobe row houses, then a new POT that opens up and allows them should get a ton of traffic.

I agree with your point about creating a tricky problem that has the potential to block revenue. I just think the alternative, having POT owners simply ban the people, produces the same results with twice the insult.

11. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Technically they can .... they can evict any resisdent whom they don't approve of their house.

12. Drocis the Devious

I'm aware of that. The problem I have with that (which has been addressed before in this thread), is that as a POT owner of 500+ lots, I would have to walk around and police that on my own. This would entail quite a bit of work (not fun). It would also hurt my POT as the solution would often be to choose between simply removing the home or letting it sit there ruining my POT theme. Neither of those choices are good.

Which is why I think there needs to be a way to just exclude home, thus solving the problem entirely.

13. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    So pay someone out of your taxes that you take in to go around and survey the city for you.

KuBaTRiZeS and ThurisazSheol like this.
  14. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

And this is why Govenors have Stewards .... it's not that big of a deal unless you have trust issues .... then you are on your own =D

15. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

well, if you have trust issues, what are you doing owning a POT in the first place? *chuckle*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.