1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

POT upgrades for in game Crowns!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Feb 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Greetings Avatars! I am pleased to announce that we will now be allowing POT upgrades with Crowns! The cost in crowns is the same as for cash. So if you’re town was going to cost $800 to upgrade, you can upgrade it for 800 crowns.

After investigating a number of options for how best to do this, we decided the simplest implementation was the best since this will be used by a fairly small audience. To upgrade, simply send an in game mail to Atos in game with a note for the town name you wish to upgrade and add the crowns to the mail. We’ll upgrade your POT and push the change live in the next available patch! If you want, feel free to nudge me after sending the in game mail by sending me a message in the forums. Don’t tag me but rather do the “Start a conversation” thing. I get tagged hundreds of times a week and usually miss it when I’m tagged.

Expect us to refine this process as we go but we wanted to make something available before the crown sale is taken down.

Thanks for your patience on this!

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

3. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I think it's pretty cool that you're doing it by in-game mail service. It adds an authenticity or gravitas to the transaction that I'm sure POT owners will appreciate.

4. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

The problem is even if i upgrade town i still wont be able to offer decent living conditions for all players that took residence there . I still have lots of room to place row homes or bigger lot size BUT ..I cant have pavers for all houses cause the deco limit is too low . Cant make a proper lighting system cause lights limit is too low . I understand too many lights can cause lag issues ...i appreciate the recent increase and hope to see more along this line in the future ... pay to increase light limits or pay to increase deco limits . How many lights would be enough ? Id say 1 light for evey 2 row houses so if a town has the ability to place 150 rows should also be able to place 75 lights.

As a deco limit ... 1 paver for every row house + 20% for aditional deco statues ,trees so on....150 row houses placed should be able to place 150 pavers ...

Anyway upgrades with coto is a good step forward.

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  5. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Or we can up the POT deco count again!

6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I know you will hate me and i can understand you because i would hate me too if i were you buuuuuttttt.....new POTs in EP2? Buying them for Cotos?
    *runs for cover*

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  7. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Chris - I do not own a POT, nor plan to. But, I like the idea of this upgrade method for those who do.

However, in thinking of the process, a question popped into my head. Is there a gold cost associated with mailing someone (you) 800 COTOs? Not in game right now (nor have that many COTO's) to test it, but I would imagine it would be a pretty steep gold cost to mail them and this would be an added expense for the POT owner.

8. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

5 gold per mail + 10 gold each stone (each 1.0 weight)

9. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Hey @Chris - With all the QOL Updates, have you thought about bumping up the values for PoT sqft? With so many people getting village deeds now, the desire to place them will be going up and as Elrond said, there is more then enough LAND in a PoT we can spread out to. Rather then making bigger PoT's that we all would have to buy/upgrade to, maybe a modest bump across the board to all PoT's to up the placement limits would be a nice addition to deco limits?

Proteus Tempest likes this.
  10. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I stumped up, and my town is a metropolis, the deco limits about right to cover 1/4 of the land I have and because its nested no one wants to live there, despite being nice and central.. You cant find it in sota map, online, so, no one knows how to get there without instructions.. I spent hours decorating it, and its just depressing now.. Ive had it nearly 2 years!!

11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Looked at upgrading my town but can't find info on what the next level brings, who's got a handy updated chart ?

12. Lained

Lained Avatar

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Just checked, those are the old amounts. Is the lights/deco limit just bumped up to the next level?

14. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Please and the npc and npc building count. I feel bad for even lower tier pots like the holdfast. I would love to place a fishing npc building and fishing merchant by our 2 icy holes (hoping this is upgraded later too). I had to take down the bank building for other things and as it stands now I carry around a deco npc vendor and a cooking vendor since we don't have the npc count to have these. Wizards Rest is a cross roads village size and not atm able to upgrade further. So while we are asking for more for towns upgrades I also ask for possible upgrades to these to be added to each level of pot please even 1 or 2 please but preferably 3.

edited for clarity

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  16. CICI

CICI Avatar

Cool im sure some gov's will trade their unused assets for cotos to use this

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  17. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

I thought they were all available from the overland map?

18. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Nope, they under estimated how popular they would be and rapidly ran out of room they were willing to use up. So a lot of towns could only be placed through links from other towns. I imagine though that they will be given an opportunity to move with each EP. I would go so far as to suggest no new player towns in EP2.. if enough nested towns want to move to the new lands to be on the map.

CatherineRose likes this.
  19. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I traded a large chunk of my pledge to get mine. :) Bigger house.. or.. town.. decisions decisions.... now if only someone would give me a few thousand cotos for upgrades. ;)

CatherineRose likes this.
  20. Godra

Godra Avatar

@Chris Is there a way to tell what the next upgrade level is in dollars so we know how much COTOs to send? I know he said $1 = 1 COTO, but need to know how much the cash cost is. Also, what about the COTO conversion coming? $1 = 100, so at next release it would be more to send, correct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.