1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

POT upgrades for in game Crowns!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Feb 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is how I was able to claim enough lots in my POT so that the devotionals would give the maximum benefit. COTOs were marked down 20%, bundles were 50% and then the bundles each came with 29 COTOs. If it weren't for this then I wouldn't have bought those bundles and Portalarium would not have my money. ;)

joeziggy2 and majoria70 like this.
  2. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

We apply the cotos sent to the $ paid in the database for you guys so it won't negatively impact you to do it with cotos. As for sale pricing, we'll probably be putting sales on hiatus for a while once we turn off the cash shop at the end of the month.

Also, I'm confused... you think I DON'T work on the weekends? :p You must be new here...

3. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

Just asking for clarifications in case you eventually offload this to the CS :)
    I believe when bundles were upgraded via COTOs, that was in non-sale pricing and required a service voucher.

4. Janek the Just

Janek the Just Avatar

I love the idea, and will be using this option very soon!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  5. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Indeed...even if i were to upgrade my town ... i have no buildable area left ...or its too far off the town entrance ... i have plenty land area that im not allowed to build on ..right across the bridge ( where my town entrance is) .... we could really use some tools that can flatten any land and make it buildable... something along the lines of the tree removers ...

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

We have tree removers already but land flattening tools would be awesome.

7. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

There does indeed seem to be a town-sized lot there. Even the grass is gone. But the ground seems just a bit lumpy :oops:

8. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I do not know if there is a possibility to flatten the ground and I guess PoT-owern will never get the possibility of world building tools....but I think I mentioned this possibility already in another thread and also with the hint to take a look at crowfall. I think they are using a system of connecting parcels but I think crowfall is using predefined buildings on each parcel. Using the parcel system with the individual marker/deco placing of SotA might be an interesting idea for creating PoTs with many variants.
    So to say as a PoT-owner you could choose between static, dynamic or stacking PoT.

If you are chosing stacking you get an empty piece of land e.g. just a green grid.
    A holdfast has for example 9 grid parcels (each parcel e.g. 50m x 50m) and as PoT owner you can now place predefined parcel designs like low ground parcel, high ground parcel, low ground river parcel, low ground river parcel, lake parcel, …

At the borders between two parcels there is an automatic adjustment like between a low ground and a high ground parcel there is created a slope at the border. Another example would be high and low river parcels are automatically connecting to each other by forming a waterfall. Or a lake parcel is automatically connecting with a river parcel forming a source of a river.

Next you can choose for each parcel or the whole scene what kind of area it should be e.g. desert, grassland, meadow, swamp, …

Once that is done you can lock the self-created PoT template and start placing markers and decoration.
    The parcels would offer more individuality but would also be more linear as the scene would be created out of squares that are forming straight edges.

Thinking about it another possibility could be that some PoT scenes could be build out of a fixed ground area and predefined area elements on that ground that can be moved just like decorations.
    E.g. a in a PoT scene is small plateau with a castle sized high ground you could simply drag to another corner of the map.

9. oplek

oplek Avatar

Or what'd be easier for them are foundations. Basically the entire lot would be a concrete slab with legs/supports. You could use this kind of lot marker on lumpy ground, or sides of steep hills.

The terrain itself is probably static/baked, and I doubt they'd sacrifice that kind of performance boost.

10. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

tbh, if they went as far as raise/lower/flatten tools, it would be super cool to paint the squares too with like paths, flowers.. (just sayin)

Lained likes this.
  11. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I'd like to be able to move the fast travel signs and NPC and PRT boat and wagon connections locations on my own. Maybe you submit a POT service voucher, and it unlocks your POT submission form but also enables the 'move' feature. Right click a wagon and select move and it creates a transfer marker then you drag it from your inventory onto the new location and it creates a new wagon that you can turn to the desired angle. When you're finished right click and choose confirm or submit. Then a Port employee reviews your account to make sure the fast travel signs, wagons and boats aren't in an invalid location based on their policies. The fast travel sign, wagon and boat transfer markers can only be activated by Port.

Also would like the grasslands biomes (forest02 for example) reviewed and have more of the land on either side of the river flattened so housing can be placed there. If I could do it myself with an in-game tool that would be nice as well.

Astor Cerberus and Alley Oop like this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes we could have a green sign leading to our two measly frozen fishing holes in wizards rest. No one can find them now.

Jaesun and Stryker Sparhawk like this.
  13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Honestly those should just be placeable deco. No reason for Port to have to be involved at all.

John Markus and majoria70 like this.
  14. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

The fishing holes are a bit of a walk to get to and that is why I placed a row house with a fishing dungeon near it in White Hart, but yes, a green teleport sign would be nice to place near it.

majoria70 likes this.
  15. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Well I think Starr had mentioned before that putting it in the user's hands opens up potential griefing situations, my other idea was to create a 24hr timer (or X amount of hours) when moving the wagons, boats and fast travel signs.

16. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

If you're a POT owner griefing your visitors, the will log, start on world map, and never go back. Governors loss.

17. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

I hear majority of the issue lies with dynamically computing the Nav Mesh.
    IMHO, I would not mind if certain areas are made off limit to NPCs. Just have the NPCs and pets skirt around them (or get stuck and require a teleport).

18. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

The problem is that a POT only allow one spawnpoint, even it has more. It would be nice if a town owner can select and name the spawnpoints that are shown in a window when someone wants to enter the town. Like it is with NPC towns like Aerie.
    With spawnpoints i mean the teleporter targets found within the town templates.
    This would allow to utilize more of the area as only the main (and only) entrance.

The town where i live has plenty of "buildable" place left, but no-one will walk to this areas. Because of this, there are little use of the flatten land. One district not too far away from the spawnpoint is like a ghost town, every new one wants a home near the main entrance.
    If a window is open on entering the town showing "Dragon Bane Market", "Hope Tree Market", ... visitors and citizens can directly spawn where they want.

19. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

That's a humble solution that could have a huge impact. Good thinking!

I think you should PM the idea directly to the developers. Simple solutions with big impacts are the dream.

CatweazleX and John Markus like this.
  20. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

I do not have Dev+ Access, may another one do this. When wanted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.