1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

POT upgrades for in game Crowns!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Feb 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janek the Just

Janek the Just Avatar

As a new POT owner, I've been discussing town design with as many established governors that I can, soaking up the advice and horror stories of mistakes made.

One piece of advice from almost every one of them is that everyone will beg to set up as close to the entrance as possible, and to try to establish reasons why players would rather plant their homes elsewhere.
    The spawnpoint renaming / choice upon entering a town is a great option to help with this, and since the code already exists in NPC towns, hopefully wouldn't be too hard to port over to Player-owned towns.

Great idea! :)

John Markus likes this.
  2. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I'd also like to control the orientation of the spawn point (which direction the avatar is facing when they enter the town)

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@Janek the Just well it depends. They may want to be set up where the convenience is. Congratulations on your POT. Wizards Rest is a smaller town (Crossroad Village size) but it has 3 crafting pavilion choices and an area I decided to make a mini-mall area but the lot upgrades has people choosing to upgrade those row lots as well as the the village lots they get from the quests. Many town owners will realize that their towns set up may need to be adjusted a little due to all these changes. It is definitely happening to me but it is a nice challenge and a wonderful thing for the game imo.

4. nimueCW

nimueCW Bug Hunter

Now that the conversion has gone through, I wanted to check on coto cost. Am I correct in thinking that if a town will cost $700 to upgrade, it would now be 7000 cotos to do in game?

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

70,000 I believe

nimueCW likes this.
  6. nimueCW

nimueCW Bug Hunter

Vladamir Begemot and Barugon like this.
  7. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Do we still just mail these to Atos? Or do we do the customer service ticket?

8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

End of last month I mailed it to Chris and then sent him a message here.

9. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

yeah support just confirmed he is still doing this.

Vladamir Begemot and Elrond like this.
  10. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Yeah, if you didn't get into a main stream when there were at least some people playing, it's difficult now. I remember I had to do a lot of advertising and all kinds of things to expose the nested town. But it takes too much time and effort than I could handle, so I am glad I found a buyer for my POT back then. He did an amazing job and even expanded the POT. Now the wonderful Knigt's Watch live there with other nice people. There is significantly more living space in SOTA , than there will ever be players... Then again, you spent whole hours decorating... how about weeks, at the minimum. You have to play a lot, make your POT stand out and get the community know you and then see if anyone really cares to live in your Town. But the "competition" is so steep and considering the above lack of players, majority of POTs today remind of ghost towns more than anything. The nested ones and those hoping that "people will come" are especially the most unlucky ones in gaining any new dwellers for a long time now.

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  11. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

I have to follow up.. Chris did a great job, despite my nerves at sending this in-game, all went very smoothly and the upgrade took place with the next patch.

nimueCW likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.