PoT Writing Service

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by enderandrew, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I'm writing in game books to submit. That serves two purposes currently, to create objects to help populate the world with in game, and also to help flesh out some lore. It is hard to speculate on some things with a new world and much of the story under wraps. However, I imagine that many people who purchased a player owned towns will want to weave their town into this world. If you want to do that yourself, more power to you. It is your town.

If you're looking for help establishing some lore or writing some in game books, I can assist with that. I have a primary writing project that keeps me fairly busy. In game books are my second priority, but my goal is to write at least two in game books a week.

If you're interested, I will offer my services free of charge to the community as a writer. If you would like to pay for my commission, I would prefer gifts from the Add On Store. This means money is going back into the development of the game. And the Add On Store is going away in a few weeks. I have the Pack Animals, Horses and Boats items, but I'm still looking for the Elves and Flexible Placement items.

I will keep a running list here and I will respond to requests in the order they are received. You can see some samples of my work here:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/enders-writing-thread.18566/

I am going to be writing a series of in game books about a traveling bard visiting various cities in Novia. I can write a book about the bard visiting your city.

I can also easily write a history text on the background of your city written from the perspective of Joorus the Scribe.

Or I can write something very specific to cater to the lore of your town. For example, I may be writing a diary of the bartender for Rift's End. Right now the wait list is:

1. Rift's End (MGT town) and here
    2. Destiny
    3. ???

Here are some samples of work I was doing for Blackstone Bluff before Blake Blackstone left.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t7IJBAnuPahTgoPKw5580eQnqE0fL1WkUpCHgAZa6eU/edit?usp=sharing - The Order of Crespis

Here is the first NPC I did for him - https://docs.google.com/document/d/14u3HeGCHEsWRVipbhvmxoqXftxaLhfHYUSdnwaNVljU/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  2. enderandrew

3. enderandrew

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I really like your writing style Ender so I'd love to "take advantage" of your ink.
    But I realize that I'm not the one in the highest need so if someone else comes along you should take them first.

The wandering bard would be a really nice touch. What type of personality does he have? What types of places would he seek out when visiting a new town?

Themo Lock and Tahru like this.
  5. enderandrew

He's an example of the wandering bard. That format is designed to give an overview of the town.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/enders-writing-thread.18566/#post-285933

Kvow [MGT], Themo Lock and Tahru like this.
  6. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Enderandrew, great writing in yours books, keep going.

Regards,

7. enderandrew

I just want to remind all PoT owners that my services are available.

8. Sianna Thorne

Sianna Thorne Avatar

Nice! We are working on our own lore for FrostSpire but maybe we can collaborate if you run out of other things to do LOL

9. enderandrew

If you want to bounce your ideas of someone, you need NPC dialogue, proofreading or whatever, let me know.

Sianna Thorne likes this.
  10. Sianna Thorne

Sianna Thorne Avatar

I will, thank you!

11. Goliath Pomerantz

Goliath Pomerantz Avatar

I cant wait to publish lore about my POT but to even start the story I need to know the location it will be in. even roughly lol I hope she goes in for R21

enderandrew likes this.
  12. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Vallas (Beran’s Reach) Avatar

Ender can you possibly get in touch? Got a fair bit to keep you busy. :)

Leostemplar likes this.
  13. enderandrew

I wanted to bump this thread. I'm still available for writing commissions if you're looking for writing for your PoT.

Winfield likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.