Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Potions

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by E n v y, Aug 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Didnt know this....I shall check the box. Thanks :)

Time Lord and Sir Stile Teckel like this.
  2. Beli

Beli Avatar

And I will be selling them:)

3. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Potions are generally not all that effective in MMOs...they give you back what 10% of your health if you are lucky? And what if potions are less effective the more you use them?

I rarely pop potions in games but when I do I want them accessible. Not hidden in with my spells. They go on a number! Some things for me are easy access or die! :)

Time Lord and Invidia (Envy) like this.
  4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

It's time to change, friend. You'll have to make a choice between easy access (locking it on your bar) or random "where did I put that again?" (not).

5. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I really expect to have an easy access bar. I for one will raise a big stink about it if it's not currently planned! :p

6. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

All I can say to that is thank goodness our medics throughout this world don't operate to "where did I put that again".

Due to these kind of mechanics most will just lock to the bar.......you then have to beg the question as to why bother creating high level spells that take a while to cast that would need to be locked down if they were to be used.

This is where the card system begins to fail and where it needs some serious attention and tweaking. I'm not a huge fan of the system as it is, but I can live with it........but I see absolutely no reason to add consumables as cards.

Bow Vale, Time Lord and Lord Baldrith like this.
  7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

In a deck of 20 glyphs and only two of them are healing potions, I find that they come up more than enough. I don't like them getting interrupted and lost, but I've had the potion available whenever I needed it. 2 out of 20 is enough too, because I had 8 slots, and anymore than 2 heal cards then it comes up too much. Really!

So I'm glad there is a locked tool bar. I'm glad for my opponents, because I'm going to use the glyph system and bust their butts! They said they were removing the 1 second cool down on the deck (which I haven't seen happen yet), but when it happens it will make the deck system much better than it is.

Although I have argued for a tool box feature, but I don't know how they could implement it without getting in the way. It might just be faster in the deck with a few cards.

Time Lord and redfish like this.
  8. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yes, if anything, I find its more of a problem that it comes up when you don't need it, than it doesn't come up when you do.

Isaiah [MGT] and Time Lord like this.
  9. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

That's why I stuck with 2. Although when they remove the 1 second cool down we will be able to click stuff off faster. The 1 second cool down is really annoying.

10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"What lay in store for our Alchemists, will we trap them in a vendor skill?"
    [​IMG]
    As we have seen, skills are very mixed here in our world, where many skills are forms of magic, whether they are in the Melee areas of our skill trees or they are in our Magic skill trees. There is not a pure form of anything, unless it's a Mage. Could our Alchemist break away from that?
    I think that's :rolleyes: highly unlikely to happen, yet this is thinking of an Alchemist in the traditional sense of a pharmacist. I would like to see something truly new happen with our common MMO Alchemy and their pharmaceutical wares.
    "Prepared magic should be much more powerful than ordinary magic"
    [​IMG]
    Preparations of potions could be as elaborate as our skill of cooking should prove to become. Hubert Humphrey once said "The key to successful Bar-BQ was 90% preparation and 10% inspiration', which should become a hallmark trait of our Alchemy trade, because anything easy or simple to make becomes cheap and anything that takes time to make and great toil and risks to gather, "should then be very powerful". The common Mage can carry the ingredients for their spells and "instantly mix and deploy them", yet it takes much more for the Alchemist's preparations, which prompts their value, yet should empower them with much more magical effects.

Should Avatars become addicts? Should potions become an "acquired taste?" Should potions be something that grows more or less powerful with each use? Consequences are always hard to swallow... as well as anything outside the normal.
    noun: alchemy
    the medieval forerunner of chemistry, based on the supposed transformation of matter. It was concerned particularly with attempts to convert base metals into gold or to find a universal elixir.

The decisions we are discussing all depend on what we think our Alchemy skill is...
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Jynx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.