PoT's and perception of over power.

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by rune_74, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smack

smack Avatar

No, think through the process again. They are only maintaining that 30% extra supply once post-launch, not on a continuous basis. If so, that implies there will always be 30% open property lots at all times that scales with the deed supply of the game. Do you really see them adding new property lots to existing NPC town designs continuously? Do you really see them creating PRTs indefinitely? No, they won't. Once it's exhausted on Novia, you'll need to wait until Ep2.

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Sounds like a management issue to be aware of, not a reason to assume it will work out that way (unless it's mis-managed).

mbomber, smack and cartodude like this.
  3. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

I am thinking the process through, I know exactly what you are trying to explain. I'm just pointing out in all the discussions Port has had on lots/deeds they have made if VERY clear that they will NOT issue more deeds than there are lots. Secondly... they have made it very clear too that they will NOT be adding very many new deeds anyways... they wanted (and have pretty much promised) that deeds and housing are rare. Constantly adding new deeds as you claim would go against both of the things Port has been very adamant about. So no, I don't think your scenario will happen. I understand your logic, but it does not jive with what Port has said.

mbomber and Womby like this.
  4. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

But if you are concerned about this, I would raise the question at the next hangout and see if they will answer it.

Grave GodsHammer, mbomber and smack like this.
  5. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

Reported for too much common sense

Tic

6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I used your broken logic to show how broken it is.

7. smack

smack Avatar

True, but here's the take on this: Let's just say the total number of deeds from pledges and add-on store purchases pre-launch is 100. That means they have reserved 30 deeds / property lots for post-launch. Over time, those 30 deeds will be released and those 30 lots will be claimed. Now half the existing player base leaves the game due to decay schedules or whatever. Those deeds are not returned to the game, they are held in the accounts. That means there are now 50 claimable property lots with zero available deeds and the masses are screaming for more deeds. Will they create more deeds only or deeds and more lots? That's the second situation I described: infinite land. But if they don't create more land, those newly created deeds now claim some or all of those 50 lots over time. Now the inactive accounts come back. Boom, more deeds than lots.

This will happen over time, it's just the natural progression. And it's not really a concern, just saying that's how it will be, as I always thought land was limited and not infinite.

8. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Keep up with me please....people living in a PoT who don't own it are basically serfs to the lord of the PoT....they do something he doesn't like he banishes them and takes away their land. Sounds very much like a lord and serf mentality.

Don't you want people to want to live there? Don't you want people to think it is a fair system not run by emotions?

I'm at a loss to understand why anyone would be against things that make the game better for everyone and not just one side.

Xandra7 likes this.
  9. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I want non-town owners to have a choice, which they do.

I want town owners to be able to manage their POTs, which they can because they can ban people that don't follow their rules.

That's because you're making up arguments to argue against.

10. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

We don't yet know how many vacant spots will exist in say 1 year. We just don't know. If it's anything like UO, and it's different obviously, different era, different number of players, but similar set up actually. UO's beginning isn't too far off from SotA's number of "New Britannians". And if it's anything like UO, there will be a few vacant spots the first few months. By the end of the first year there will be zero lots available, except every week a rare few will drop. (If it's anything like UO) I'm talking Atlantic, Pacific, Great Lakes, old school UO. Now those were 3 shards the game launched with. There is 1 shard here, which is a great benefit. I know it's instanced etc, but it's still one.

It's anyone's guess, 6 months in half the lots could be empty. 6 months in all of the lots could be completely full and lot campers everywhere trying to find a dropped lot.

mbomber likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.