Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Predatory Guild Practice

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Vyrin, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

Its been a while, but last I went through the new player experience, there was a lot that was unexplained. Not just how to get to the Overworld, but what to expect when you get to the Overworld, navigating the map, dealing with night time, an introduction to cities, finding trainers and public vendors and so on.. My feeling was also if there had been some introduction to using the maps as game objects, that could have also worked out well instead of using SotAMap (and it could have eventually incorporated the same features).

I think there's a tendency for some to think this is because the game is too complicated. @Vladamir Begemot didn't suggest this, but I'm sure some would suggest to enable /zone chat by default or add global chat. But that might just make predatory behavior easier, and it would just be a band-aid anyway.

The devs have made some improvements to the new player experience, but I think it it could be even more helpful.

Jaesun, Vyrin, Rentier and 2 others like this.
  2. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I stand corrected. Thank you kindly.

FrostII likes this.
  3. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is a good point for everyone to keep in mind. It could be that they were really excited about recruiting and didn't realize the situation, it can be difficult to tell sometimes.

I would encourage everyone to keep this courtesy in mind, so that we all welcome new players without feeling the need to recruit them right away.

Elwyn, Jaesun, Rentier and 2 others like this.
  4. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

One of the first things I did was go into a moongate and got stuck in Brookside.

Elwyn likes this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Ouch. I've been stuck in Brookside when I knew what I was doing. To be fair, it was in QA when the extra rifts had just been added, sieges still affected you when using rifts, and teleport/recall was broken due to bad weight calculation. I spent over two hours fumbling through the mist trying to find that damn rift.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.