Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

pretty regular game crashes

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by Theonetheonly, Nov 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theonetheonly

Theonetheonly Avatar

After the game has been running for 2-4 hours, it seems very common (>50%, <75%) that the game will crash when entering a high population area - Brittney Estates is commonly the 'trigger' for me, but any of the Brittney zones will do so.

This does not seem to matter if I retain focus in the game window or alt-tab to another to while away the load times with other activities.

Obviously due to crash cannot /bug it.

Windows 10, latest general release via Steam

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Please could you mail your crash logs to support@portalarium.com they can use these files to track down issues.
    forwarded for review (crash logs will make a huge difference) 16/11/2016

3. Theonetheonly

Theonetheonly Avatar

Would be glad to, if I knew where they were. They don't appear to be in the /Users/$username/AppData/Roaming/Portalarium structure - where else should I look for them?

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Mine are the only one I have was in C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\<date> (I previously sent in a bunch and then deleted them), failing that the main file they need is output_log.txt, try searching your drives for files called that. If windows search is being its usual helpful stuff, and you dont know how else to look, go to a command prompt for each drive (change drive with say "D:" and press enter) then "cd \" to be the root, and type "attrib output_log.txt /s" then it will show you all files it finds (hidden or not that you can access) called that. You may find some from other games, as I did.. but you should soon find ones that sound like this game

Theonetheonly likes this.
  5. Theonetheonly

Theonetheonly Avatar

They also end up in your Steam repositiory, if that's where you run the game from. In my case,

D:\S2\SteamApps\common\SotA\Shroud of the Avatar_Data

(D:\S2\ is my Steam repository, and is not the default value)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.