Price Checks?

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Fain, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Sounds like the BMC charges insane prices ;-)

Time Lord and cartodude like this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Can't agree with you there, for the time it takes to gather some of those items I wouldn't even consider selling at most of those prices. Can make more farming gold, than gathering at those rates.

Time Lord and Montaigne like this.
  3. Qwark

Qwark Avatar

Exactly

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

LoL.

5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I must be missing something...

6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

When i was younger i worked in retail.
    "That's too cheap" is something you don't get to hear very often ;-)

Budner, Time Lord and cartodude like this.
  7. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

First off If I see prices lower than mine, I just assume that there's a sweet spot where it is easier to gather than I've found so far.
    Sometimes you can ask in nobles if there is a better spot than X for Y and sometimes you'll get an answer that is much much better.
    However, considering the recent nerfs, I think people that have found good spots are reluctant to share any knowledge any more.

And Etceter Mine has been nerfed twice now, once publicly and once sneaky. Last night it took 3 hours to get 200 gold ore and 150 iron.
    So I guess their prices are about to sky rocket, as soon as peoples back stock has been depleted and they go to get more.

Time Lord and Adam Crow like this.
  8. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Wait until all these prices jump, and then come talk to me.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

I've put together a Price Aggregate web site, which players can list the items that they usually sell at their shops. The site then aggregates the data, displays the lowest and highest prices, as well as the median price for any item.
    Part of the upcoming plan is to allow players to place orders from other players (as there really is no in-game means to placing orders, except for being lucky enough to be in the same place at the same time).

http://www.sotatraders.com

10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

you can place orders for others to sell to on vendors in-game

Time Lord, Acred and NRaas like this.
  11. Topher

Topher Avatar

As a starting point, thanks for the BMC guys. That might help people from just "pulling prices out of the air" as someone so succinctly put it.

And as we all know as people level and their crafting needs/abilities change...so will all the prices. Thanks again for the starting point though. Wish we could guide more people to it.

Quick question. I used to farm for suet specifically to make supple leather straps and sell them. I remember it being a great way to make money and farm. I thought the item (supple leather straps) being sold to the tailor in Ardoris made a nice big profit but it doesn't seem so now. Have I forgotten a step? His price seemed MUCH MUCH lower than I remember it...making suet much less valuable...

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Pepsy

Pepsy Avatar

I created a thread for pricing in the Market, I update it daily using the prices in Owl's Head. As I get a better layout I will put Owl's head averages against Cent Brit, and Ardoris averages. If I am missing something from the list let me know. Forewarning most of the post's in the market are Real Money Transaction's.

I would link it but I think that goes against the ToS because this is not the proper section. I would also advise against linking to RMT websites outside of the Market(Like BMC). Although I think certain exceptions have to made when informing people...
    • Player Marketplace Only: All sales involving Real Currency (USD, Euros, Store Credits, etc.) can only be discussed,advertised, etc. in the Player Marketplace sub-forum.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

To the OP, where is your vendor located?

Deep Water Black market pricelist:
    Edit: All these prices are based on my experience with the market. BMC prices listed for reference only.

[​IMG]

Time Lord and LoneStranger like this.
  14. Tarra Incognita

Tarra Incognita Avatar

The BMC Prices are adjusted regularly so the prices shown may have changed. The economy being as it is and very volatile the prices are adjusted almost weekly.
    To get the most current price list you should check the web site http://bmcguild.enjin.com/priceguide .
    The BMC Financial Dept. Constantly monitors vendors and pricing across the world to determine a appropriate value for Items, to include a fair price and a fair profit .
    Believe me, when I tell you there is real world economic sciences applied here by professionals involved in determine the economics of the game and our pricing.

Tarra Incognita

Time Lord likes this.
  15. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Sorry Time Lord, but BMC pricing is the reason there's no economy... They've inflated everything to the point, that only Wealthy players can afford, and poor players just go out and gather their own... There prices are so out of wack, I don't know where to start... As Starr said "10% of the players have all the wealth, while 90% can't afford to play.... No wonder there's no economy...

Lord Bankee and Time Lord like this.
  16. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I don't see the problem with BMC. The market will tell them if their prices are reasonable. It's not in their interest to overprice things now and earn the reputation of being expensive. I've found their prices a little on the high side but I've also noticed they're better stocked than most other vendors, and if you want to buy in bulk that's valuable. They'll charge what the market will bear, or they won't sell stuff. Simple.

x_Selene_x, Time Lord and Verit like this.
  17. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

If they could do it then it needs the fixing through prevention...
    The BMC didn't start the bonfire, they only took advantage of it... and as we are suppose to do here in our game right now, they helped pull it's pants down to reveal it's flaws and shortcomings as a surviving economy.

"We all are still looking for bugs"
    and that was a very large one indeed ;)

There's another bug we are also searching for within our over all quest designs, because if our future quests can be all revealed by such simple tid bits as we've been fed of our storyline, then they need to hide that one much deeper than it is or it too will never last and become just another flash in the sota pan.

If there is to be an available economic warfare for our future, "it does need to be fare also to those that aren't participating in any economic war.
    This is why I have my doubts that once this is fixed, if we will be able to wage an economic war at all because it effects everyone and not just it's participants the way our PvP does.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Just a different outlook aye?
    ~Time Lord~:D

18. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

Have to apologize to BMC. The pricelist wasn't meant to imply that BMC's prices were high, low or anything else. I was just compiling information. Each guild has it's own strategy. Some guilds are playing the long game.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Mobidoy Querrent

Mobidoy Querrent Avatar

Exactly. At this point in the early access, we did not had the massive influx of players. The balancing of the economy / ressource spawn and difficulty of gathering is still being balanced. Think about Etceter, it was so easy to pile up tons of gold ore has the mobs in there were too easy, so, there was plenty for all your enchanting needs. Same with Silver, they are still monitoring it and surely will adjust the mob difficulty where you gather it.

So, yeah, the market may be overstocked by some ressources for now, but, when they are nearly done with that balancing and we get to commercial launch, stocks will lower fast, price will go up.

As Terra said, BMC price list is based on many factors, there are players going around and gathering prices on vendors then, those price are adjusted.

I go by those prices, I dont care if I dont sell much now. I rather stock up for commercial launch and sell at a price that is more realistic.

The majority of players here know where to hunt to gather ressources. We had time before wipe to find the right spots. We took early advantage of it and, seen that Atos was monitoring it as they increased difficulties is some area (Etceter) or lowered the spawn rate (Hilt).

The one I still dont understand is COTO'S. 1500 gold, average, 1300 gold. I own 4 taxable deeds, so, I hunt, get gold, buy COTO'S at 1300 gold and apply them for my taxes at 3500 gold. For 1300 gold I get 3500 gold taxe credits, 2200 gold profit for me every single time !!!

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Developing Our Economic Brackets~

Our market had upward pressure which began it's floating, yet had no downward pressure which would set a proper bracket. For the BMC's part, they set the first pricings which then created a beginning for the first line to be shown. Such a thing even if a "best guess" is extremely important. Our world is suppose to have only so much stuff in it of certain things. I think that goal is highly achievable depending on which goods those are. Goods are only slightly different than gold.

Yet we have no release valve at the top to let out the gold from it's top. Trickle down economics never worked.

Other elements that effect our economy... consumer types...

Until these types of play style become balanced to fit our player base, (which will be constantly changing to some degree) we truly can't balance an economy.

The thing that escapes most of this talk about the economy are direct consumables. Thus far, everything that we have in our world are not consumable and only go into build more things within the game. This means that each price that is something we can calculate, has yet to see any pure consuming product, other than much slower depreciating goods such as weapons and armor. Even the true price of the COTO, which is a consumable is also truly unknown and only an estimated commodity until it's joined by the other totally consumable items.

Or I'm on crazy pills while everyone else is sane...
    ~Time Lord~o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.