Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Price of curing salt and coal

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by SabeSr, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stidesx

stidesx Avatar

So sale price fluctuates on the principle of supply and demand, but buy price doesn't.

Cally and Snikorts like this.
  2. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

The dev's are intentionally money-sink'ing us with the cost of burn mats... they are staying on the side of caution which is only screwing us at the moment. They will eventually realize this and accept the fact they have to tweak those prices or start pissing off the player base with either the crafting groups who won't put up with it or the whole population who will say the prices of crafted gear is absurd.

Most don't see it because they think its because it will take time for things to "fluctuate" (idiots) Most don't even understand how economies work.

The Dev's set the prices... don't think for a moment they haven't. Anyone who says its based on supply and demand has no clue what they are talking about... ASK the dev's and they will tell you its controlled pricing with the "intent" to have supply and demand "eventually" control it. You cannot have supply and demand control pricing when the supply is controlled by the game...
    (anyone ever hear of OPEC? Gas prices are controlled by supply to meet demand and keep price where they want it, OPEC can flood the market and drop gas to a penny per gallon if they wanted to, they don't they control supply to meet the price they want... the only reason they wont raise prices 10x to make insane profits is the US and Russia would invade and crush them and take over their countries and put a reasonable system in place... sorry to dumb it down to something most intelligent people can understand) <<< This is NOT supply and demand it is price control which isn't exactly what Shroud is doing although it is similar... they are setting the price for whatever whim some of the Dev's agreed to and feeding the market with all the supply it wants and more... which also is NOT supply and demand. (DON'T let anyone tell you it is.)

IF supply and demand effected price... then I would NOT be able to open vendor buy 1000 of an item close vendor re open vendor and buy another 1000... infinite times in a row... I can buy an infinite amount of any item... the supply is unlimited... which means the game is controlling the price. (Get a clue, or let a Dev step in and correct me... they won't)

If supply and demand really was controlling the price, it would be 1000 coal for 0.1gold by now with the unlimited supply.

FIX YOUR CRAFTING MAT PRICING

COAL, SALT, CREOSOTE, WAX... Shroud of the Avatar is robbing us blind with the costs of crafting burn mats

It cost MORE to buy them then the value of the very items you craft as final products after the base materials are created.

This should NEVER have been release to final wipe at these prices. PERIOD.

I want 10 for 1g price, flat rate on ALL crafting burn mats...

10 coal for 1 gold...
    10 curing salt for 1 gold
    and on and on...

There is NO point in putting THESE items into a "Supply" and "Demand" farse... all you are doing is robbing from your players and stifling the economy. (and annoying the crap out of me with ignorance)

And for the love of the Avatar! please go hire an economic professional to advise the game...

But what do I know I'm just some stupid carpenter... I can barely read a tape measure never mind add...

Time to load game while I shower and throw laundry in... then go dig some rocks and chop some trees... and kill some stuffs

All day long I pick things up I put things down I pick things up I put things down...

Snikorts and Xander Xavier like this.
  3. Xander Xavier

Xander Xavier Avatar

I first noticed this problem when doing the crafting quest in Soltown. After buying just a few curing salts the price hit 24 gold each. I have been watching this issue over the last few days. Early in this release the price of crafting consumables was vulnerable to price manipulation through purchase of small quantities. However that issue seems to have been addressed. Repeatedly purchasing single quantities this morning did not affect the price, while purchasing a large quantity of Black Pearls yesterday did affect the price.
    I strongly recommend fixed prices for crafting components and reagents. To not do so leaves the economy vulnerable to price manipulation and economic exploitation. There are only about 6 economic regions in New Britannia. A large guild could raise enough gold and place agents is every economic region to drive up the price of these resources on a daily basis giving their crafters and vendors a competitive advantage. They could also sell resources purchased at the base price on their vendors for a profit while their agents continue to maintain the artificially high prices.

Snikorts likes this.
  4. Thxforthememories

Thxforthememories Avatar

Maybe some tweaking needs to be done, but there is a very important mechanic at work. Getting people away from one or a few major towns (Owl's Head) to encourage folks to visit others by offering lower fuel prices elsewhere.

The underlying concept here is absolutely fine, but maybe doesn't need to be quite so extreme.

The price vendors buy at cannot fluctuate or you could arbitrage and bomb the economy very quickly.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  5. mithra

mithra Avatar

Sounds like a good reason for the vendor in Brittany Fields to come sell in OWLS HEAD. :D

Cally likes this.
  6. BiggieD

BiggieD Avatar

I think the mats are too expensive, especially if I fail at making something. Think I spent around 100g on wax last night. Would be nice to break it down from gold, silver and possibly copper money rather than just gold imo

Cally likes this.
  7. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

I will post daily... Fix the system now or continue to have Berek edit or delete my posts... daily. (sorry in advance Berek, I will get worse if they don't fix this)

10 burn mats for 1 gold, flat rate
    ... no regional economy/supply and demand farse...

FIX IT OR FACE MY FORUM RAGE.

I want to craft... stop hindering/stifling the crafters.

8. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

Price scope today, October 22:

Ardoris/Oceania/Nightdiamond
    Salt 18/8/8
    Coal 14/8/6
    Wax 8/4/4
    Creosote 2/2/2

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  9. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I buy lots of them when they are cheap and stock them in the bank for future use... ^_^

Alexander likes this.
  10. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Same here. If the prices are high at one NPC vendor, that is only because other players are making purchases there, and so the prices naturally go up. I generally will look around, or hit NPC vendors that are seldom ever visited. Always guaranteed to find the base price value of these items.

Kabalyero likes this.
  11. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Was this a joke? Or are you being serious.
    Couple of really.. really simple bullet points here ...

1 - Anyone even half way along at a decent level can farm a few thousand gold an hour or so.. very.. very simply. If your too lazy, thats a you issue. (Or if you really cant, especially when ure on 5skull zones, your doing something wrong)
    2- Its 8g if you leave the most packed town ... this is nothing new .. as regional economy has been in play for a while.. to encourage people to actually leave their cozy little zones.
    3- So .. crafting mats being the only gold sink in the game.. they should eliminate? I just tanned 100 animal hides, thats 200 leather, for 800g. If this was to cost ( what did you propose? 10 for 1 g? lol. ) 80G.. why would anyone craft? The gear would have 0 cost to making other then the little bit of time to get the materials. Oh my you spent 100g on making a full set of exceptional gear! ill give you 150g.
    Now its like.. oh you sunk 5k and ended up with a few peices worth keeping? Okay, suddenly a few k per peice makes sense.

4- As usual, basically everyone is exaggerating at the difficulty and crafting cost, because they want everything to be stupidly easy

5- using actual examples. I can do 100 silver an hour easily. I can also get about 100 hides an hour aswell. So they should change it, so by time ive refined this. and made the gear, it should have costed me 100g? So the thousands of gold i got at the same time doing this, is just ment to be used.. where?

Lol people complain about things not selling and no market for crafted goods.. yet you want to entirely sink the cost behind making things. Meaning that big nice fancy sword you made thats +6 or + 7 that you think is worth 5k, is really worth 500g.

If your bankrupting yourself on crafting, maybe you should spend a little more time leveling so the rez is easier to get, gold is less of an issue.
    Its almost.. like.. if you put the time into getting ahead.. theres an advantage??

If anything the crafting costs should be more IMO, as it currently is, almost anyone can make w.e they want without having to buy from another player. only good thing is once decay or caps is in, one person wont BE a GM crafter of every tree, and it will force some player to player trade.

Alexander and rild like this.
  12. rild

rild Avatar

imho, mats for sale at NPC shops need to be MORE expensive, or at least in limited supply.

I have heard complaints about costs on reagents and basic mats, but I disagree. Now, curing salt and coal are not currently harvestable resources, so they are only available at NPCs. They are purely a gold sink, and that's okay.

Reagents are in infinite supply at astonishingly cheap prices, which means that players can't ever sell for higher prices. It has negatively affected agriculture and harvesting as professions, and reduced the price of cotton from 20gp a few weeks ago to 5-10gp today.

If say, only one vendor is Vertas sold Mandrake, but it was infinite and 6gp, well then the convenience factor would allow others to sell on their vendors for a reasonable increase. I recognize this would make magical activity rarer and more expensive, and I know the devs don't want to scare away players, but I still think it would be an improvement to have an economy relying more heavily on players for supply. It would give more weight and power to magic and crafting that uses the reagents, and decrease inflation of goods.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.