Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Price of steal item...

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Lord John Whorfin, Dec 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord John Whorfin

Lord John Whorfin Avatar

Well probably an already talked subject but i've to talk about it again... Price of the item when steal and/or loot from pvp... have to be fixed.. just looted a +9 armor stuff ... the guys just have to pay 115 gold to get it back this kind of item who is sold for over 20-30k maybe more on the market... ? but i got looted 150 serpent scale reagant wich is sold for 3gold each at the vendor... and i needed to pay 2247 gold to get them back... i got other exemple but i'm sure a lot of people look the same problem in PVP loot/steal system.

Imo its should be consider like a bug its for that i'm posting here...

Thanks for listening.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Rentier likes this.
  2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

If the gear is worth to much, no one will wear gear in pvp. if you just separate your regs, you will not have to pay big ransoms, cannot separate gear.

3. Lord John Whorfin

Lord John Whorfin Avatar

I understand the price to get back an item even a great one should not be over 2-3k but 115 gold for a +9 item ? I,ve paid 3,2k to get back my crossbow +6. Its for that i told its not well balanced. That should be polished.

Im totally agree to not put price too high, but some item are great balanced, With my kind of bow i think its normal to pay 3k to get it back. Same as my friend who pay for Meteoric Pants 2k+ Thats normal and imo fair price when get looted for that kind of high end item. But some of other high end item and other rare or great stuff are just totally unbalanced price. Not all gear and stuff are well balanced right now so i think its good to fix it.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Rentier and Mac2 like this.
  4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Oh wow, didn't know crossbows and pants were so bad.

5. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

I agree, this does need work.
    Could player and public vendor sale info be used to auto calculate an average price for all crafted and arti loots as a cron job once a week or so, then to set ransoms for a percentage of the average sale cost?
    Some generalisation would be needed, ie all bronze +9 augmented chain chests are the same value regardless of what enchants and masterworks they have, but this might be a good solution for attaining fair ransoms in tune with market value.

Lord Edward Sweyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.