probably a silly question, but

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chatele, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Does the town crier delete all of your Current tasks in the journal or just what is active on the screen? What you have selected to display on the HUD? Because I have a few quest in the journal that was completed, would like to just get rid of them from my journal CURRENT TASKS list

I have no interest on redoing the quests .... so was wondering ...ty

2. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I could be wrong, but I think it just resets all your quests so that you can do them all again for a 2nd round of exp and rewards... Since the story is complete for episode 1, you can do each quest line from start to finish (Truth, Love, Courage)... I don't see any reason NOT to get the extra exp and rewards, and it should be easier the 2nd time around...

3. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Hi, it deletes everything in your journal.

If you want it back in the journal you have to progress along the quest again. In other words, it does not reset quest progress, it just removes the journal entry(s).

Paladin Michael and Chatele like this.
  4. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

To reset your quests and quest progress, one must use the little gear on the menu when logging in.

Using the town crier only clears your journal entries, nothing more.

5. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

It is a terrible system. It would be great if we could just click on the one we wanted to remove and remove it specifically.

Especially since the main quest line is still so buggy and you often end up with journal entries that did not get cleared as the quest progressed and now will never go away.
    The only option to remove them is to clear everything, even entries you may still want or need.

Fister Magee, Hornpipe, Bink and 2 others like this.
  6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Ah ty

7. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Ty.... yea, don't know why they can't do it. MOST Every game i have played had the option to to delete separate quests, and also, if i decided later to do it, I could go backl to quest giver to get it..... WHY can't we have that here?????

8. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

The problem is, the tasks on screen are connected to the journal entries. And it looks like there is a problem to delete only one questpart/task ...

I wrote/typed my fingers bloody for a good sorted Quest Journal ... over years ... (well also basic for the tasks on screen).

I am still in hope we will see a kind of sorting for quests of each path.
    All the blinking and sparkling at the compass in QA 50 isn't a great solution. It is a kind of visual hint, but a red line in a good sorted quest journal would be more effective. And what about people don't want these kind of visual hints? They have the unsorted quest journal like it is now as years before ...

Now we have so many quests. And we will get more with each release ...
    Additonal the game forces new players to do the paths parallel - how shall they keep an overview?
    Imagine, if you come back after a week. What was it I have to do? (All is new for a new player! We explored the lands for years!)

Well, a kind of sorting function was promised after questioned in telethons. We will see, how it looks at launch. I am still in hope ...

Story and Quests are a fundamental part of this game - it's a pity the Journal isn't what it could be ...
    Well, as @DarkStarr says: stay tuned - we will ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.