Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Probably Shouldn't Resurrect with 100% HP and Focus

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Fikule, Sep 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fikule

Fikule Avatar

Me and a small group of Wolf Spiders spent some time gaining all my skills next to an Ankh since I could spam all my abilities, die, and then pop back up with full hp and focus and instantly repeat the process.

Also, if monsters kill someone and there are no other targets around, maybe they should instantly reset?

Oh, and possibly limit each player to leaving behind one set of bones. It got... cluttered, to say the least.

Maybe a small resurrection timer for very frequent deaths?

redfish and Sara Dreygon like this.
  2. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

The current death system is just "basic".
    I'm sure it won't stay like it is currently.

I did the Ankh/rez/fight/rez/fight/rez/fight trick thingie already too :p

3. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

So you were the one littering the forest floor with skeletons!

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  4. Fikule

Fikule Avatar

Hey! Don't refer to my remains as litter! Each corpse is unique and sacred ...but digging a unique and sacred mass grave is haaaaard.

Alley Oop likes this.
  5. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

I think before we worry about resurrecting in a weakened state we need to focus on monsters hanging out around the ankh.. I have on a few instances risen from my grave only to see a bunch of spiders/skeletons standing around waiting for me. It would be a real pain in the arse to be res-camped by the AI.. lol.

6. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Well, hopefully you saw the spirits sitting there before you got close to the ankh?

Although if you could not, I think they should add a "Would you like to utilize the power of the ankh to return to the world of the living?" dialogue box before actually respawning you, so you can find a non-camped area ;-)

7. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i kinda like the way swtor did it. you are invulnerable and invisible at first, then invulnerability goes away and you have time to rest/sit/heal (use that fast rest skill), just with enough time for a full heal before invis dissappears.

you can also break the invis timer by simply going and attacking something.

8. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Fikule,

I'm hoping there's an injury system, where you accumulate injuries when you die. Dragon Age did something like that. For a lot of people, it'll also mean their gear is damaged. I hope those two things would help dissuade death, though I agree that full health and focus regen on death isn't ideal either. I'm wondering what if any impact death would have on nutrition/hunger.

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  9. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i'd like to see an injury system BEFORE you die. never really liked it after you died, i just think that is too much penalty that way.

think about it before you die, you break an arm but use a 2hand weapon.. can't swing it anymore. break a leg, can't run away, break the other, can't stand up..

10. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Great post! So many games (including SOTA) have skills that apply more danage when a foe is at 20% health, yet what penalty does the player get for operating at 20% health? It comes after death.

The question is how to make the "penalty" of near death being "fun" and somehow balanced while in combat struggling for your life against a boss mob. Answer that, and maybe we have a solution :)

11. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

at a first pass on this, i'm thinking maybe a very high crit rate, but much slower hits.. you are in pain and distracted, you are bleeding out, you are desperate for the kill shot, and adrenaline is pumping like never before. - maybe a slight time dialation too where some things go slo-mo in the actions, closer to turn based so you can SEE what they are about to do, in hopes of countering it fast enough?

talk about meaningful combat..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.