Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Problem with Inventory...

Discussion in 'Release 28 Bug Forum' started by SmokerKGB, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

1- It would seem that all equipped tools show as "grey" items after being equipped in the inventory window, and now in all the sub bags as well, this makes the inventory very confusing to scroll through, as the list is alphabetized...
    2- The grey equipped tools show in all bags...
    3- The equipped tool shows as a grey item in the recipe book, I thought by placing the tool in a sub-bag, that the crafting table couldn't find it, so I un-equipped it, placed it in my main pack, and equipped it again. Still showed as grey item in recipe book, but worked for crafting.

4/1/2016 5:25 PM
    Title: Problem with Inventory...
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: see above
    Steps to Reproduce: Place a complete set of prosperity tools in your main pack and equipped them, they turn from white to grey, place other empty bags in your main pack and open them, you will see in each bag a set of grey tools. Now un-equipped them all, they return to white and all the sub-bags are now empty. Drag all the tools to one of the sub-bags, they're no longer in your main pack, but are white in the sub-pack, Equipped them all, they all return in all bags as grey items. I did this with a player made backpack, small bag, and my main pack.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32723
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 GPU RAM: 4026
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.397.Date.03.31.16
    Area: Braemar
    Loc: (-65.0, 27.9, -116.6)

Alley Oop likes this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks for reporting! Submitting for review!

3. GingerLoaf

GingerLoaf Developer Emeritus

Good catch! I have fixed this issue and you will see the fix in the next patch.

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
  4. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Although this is kind of fixed in the new patch is there any way you can get it to only show in the bag instead of the main inventory or just have it not show in the inventory at all similar to how actually equipped items on the paperdoll work.

KuBaTRiZeS and SmokerKGB like this.
  5. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

For me patch #402 fixed the majority of the problem: as long as the tools are un-equiped they can be moved to any bag and stay there, Until they're equipped again, then they show as grey items in the main inventory AND the bag they were moved too...

For me the main point is to eliminate the items from the main pack, and still be able to use them... It works fine for other objects, but not ones that need to be equipped...

So its still bugged: @GingerLoaf

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
  6. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I agree with this honestly I think the best option is to just completely hide them from the inventory when they are equipped since that's how the other equipped items function. Maybe even have a shortcut to equip tools in the paperdoll to make things more consolidated as far as equipping things.

EDIT: I made this very very quick mockup of how there could be a shortcut to a tool equip menu this would be much easier than the current system imo.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  7. GingerLoaf

GingerLoaf Developer Emeritus

I suppose we could let you drop equipment into other bags while equipped... but we would be forced to unequip it at that time. We are only showing the items to you in the inventory to give you a more accessible way to manage them other than the skill window and crafting stations.

Also, awesome mockup @Link_of_Hyrule!

8. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I think I would prefer they just didn't show in the bag while equipped unless you went with the method in the mockup I presented. The reason for this is it just creates unneeded clutter imo.

SmokerKGB likes this.
  9. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Either way, just as long as they show "equipped" in one or the other locations, but not both... I do it now with my reagents and maps...

10. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

What he was saying is if we put an equipped tool into a bag it will become unequipped. Which to me isn't very useful since the whole point of having it in the bag was so that it wasn't in my main inventory but I want it equipped so they should just hide it altogether. They could do it optionally but I think most people would opt to not have it show in the main inventory if they can.

I made a thread with a poll to talk about this further! https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ls-be-shown-in-the-main-inventory-poll.48718/

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.