Producer XP and PvP flagging

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Damian Killingsworth, Jan 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Our guild was recently discussing the absence of any bonus to producer XP gained while flagged for PvP. Especially now with the increased risk to being flagged, it seems appropriate to award a bonus to XP gain while out in the field for gathering specifically. How difficult would it be to implement this without allowing people to exploit it by crafting in the safety of their lot?

Kpopgurl and Innascual Inch like this.
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Producer experience has nothing to do with PvP and getting a bonus in it for being flagged is essentially punishing players who choose not to PvP by slapping an XP penalty on them. I seriously hope this game does not go in the direction of "encouraging gank while gathering."

Getting a gatherer to flag is just asking for more victims from people who have no interest in fighting you who are just trying to go about their business. Crafting really doesn't need additional hardship.

Solazur, Ajivani, Xandra7 and 4 others like this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Tell me please what adventuring has to to with pvp?!o_O

Its not meant offending :)
    but since you do not loose any xp from dying through pvp - pk'd while PvE.
    I see absolutely no cause to have 10% PvP XP Bonus.

You loose money, maybe give 0.5% more gold while flagged?

But anyway i dont see that any Bonus is an apropriate reward or incentive for flagging pvp.
    There's no risk loosing xpfrom pvp anymore, therefore i see no cause to give that bonus.

Ajivani and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  4. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

Sounds like a great idea, would provide more of an incentive to flag as there isn't much of a reason to flag atm.

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Well, I'm against the adventuring exp bonus as well for flagging for the reasons you mention, but that seemed off topic.

Mac2, Stundorn and Ajivani like this.
  6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

It was meant on topic in the sense of also and even more nothing to do with PvP as you said also.
    I maybe have erpressed that bad.
    Just took the chance to say that this sort of incentive is wrong as it is with Quests who want you to go to PvP scenes.
    Not force, but we recently had a thread about that again and we will see a lot if more threads.

Thing is, some old decisions what have driven off a lot of backers are still there and a lot of players who waited for release will react the same.
    Therefore these things need to be mentioned again and again.

I assume 80% of once active backers left already because of several Design and gamemechanics decisions.
    And i dont want to be Devils adocate, but i'd say that if 10.000 people come and try/ play SotA again 80% will say no, nit for me.

50% is ok, we have a special game, but if 80% of people who say give it a try say no and this spread over the Internet as we already have very bad reputation, then...
    It's bad for us all who like the game more than we dont like it.
    And i also dislike some Basic core Designs of the game what let me refuse and roneounce a good percentage of content Portalarium want me to play.
    1. PvP
    2nd crafting
    3rd "economy" (i do not see any, because there are no dependencies, you may have the limiter of time to craft all in triple A quality, but you are self sustainable in producing Triple A stuff, because you can harvest and refine everything, that alone makes the market flat. We only have a market for highend gear and Artifacts and more bad we have RMT for these stuff plus RMT for ressources - HOW BAD IS THAT?
    It's even more worse than to have XP Service for Cash.

80% of gamers if not more dislike these things.
    They will ripp off the game in the air.

And it is so simple to correct all that.
    Really very simple.

This is maybe not 100% on topic, but it's exactly about what the OP asks for.

Crafting, PvP, economy and all that.

We will see, i hope i'm wrong but i mostly inmy life was right about things like that, but i renounce to say: i told you so.

7. Mangar

Mangar Avatar

I agree, there should be a 10% Bonus to Gathering Adventuring XP, thus when flagged and u chop a tree down you get 550 vs. 500 Adv. XP. You are taking a risk doing this in PvP mode..

8. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Nope, no reason. Pvp areas already have increased yield which is horrible in itself.

Xandra7, Mac2 and Ajivani like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.