Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PRT point of entry changing every week or two in Port Titan

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by NuDreams, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NuDreams

NuDreams Avatar

I moved my house to be closer to the entry point and the entry point was changed the first time I re-entered. The entry point to Port Titan has changed several times in the last few weeks. There is no entry point shown on Sota Map for Port Titan. Is this a bug?
    Please restore the entry point to the pier with the row boat going to the island. I really do not want to move my house again. Thank you

2. Selene

Selene Avatar

Submitted for review! Thanks for reporting!

3. Mytaz E'll

Mytaz E'll Developer Emeritus

Bug submitted. ID. 36694

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I looked into the issue you described and can't find what has been going wrong when you enter Port Titan. The default spawn-in location for this scene is on the edge at (-276.0, 64.9, 459.5). It hasn't changed, and I'm sorry you moved your house based on this bug's behavior. Your description suggests that you're being sent to a random spawn location in the scene, including the one next to the rowboat you mentioned. I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem. I dug into the data and tested entering the scene on our developer and live servers and couldn't reproduce the problem. I'll keep an eye out for other reports about this. If it happens again, please let us know. Any extra details would be helpful, such as if you entered the scene from the Town Crier instead of by clicking the "enter" button on the Hidden Vale map.

5. Selene

Selene Avatar

6. NuDreams

NuDreams Avatar

I always enter Port Titan by clicking the "enter" button on the Hidden Vale ma;. The entry point seems to have stabilized a very long walk from any buildings and all the way across the town map from my lot. Other PRTs have an entry point by house lots & Town Crier. Why does Port Titan not have that type entry point? Or does Port Titan have the same entry point as the other PRTs and I am the only player not seeing it?

7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

PRTs (like POTs) have a default entry-from-overworld point on the edge of the map. If you enter the PRT from a nested POT, then you can appear in the PRT at either the default entry, the docks, or the central wagon "hub" depending on the nest POT's biome. Entry into a PRT thanks to being bound at the Town Crier will have you appear near the Town Crier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.