1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

[PTR] Rental Q&A, Free Rooms in the Outlander Welcome Center and Current Vacancy Status

Discussion in 'Rent & Rent-Free Housing' started by Bayard, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

Dear fellow Avatars,

The Outlander Welcome Center has rooms available at the Outlander Inn conveniently located at the town entrance and the Elven Outlander Inn near the southwest town gate. To celebrate the new service, the governor has decreed that, for a limited time, all rooms are available free of charge to worthy tenants. Please mail the governor or see him in town to reserve your room today!

Vacancy Status for Free Rooms in the Outlander Inn as of 11/19/2018: 0/16 - Room available.

Vacancy Status for Free Rooms in the Elven Outlander Inn as of 11/19/2018: 5/15 rooms available

FAQ:

Q. Dear sir, are my items safe from bandits or a light-fingered inn keeper? TY, Madame K.
    A. Dear Madame K, yes your items are totally secure. When you rent a room, the governor himself will add you as a tenant so that you can lock your door. Once locked, only you, and he (in case of emergency) can enter your room. If if you leave the door open, a magical barrier keeps anyone else from entering the room. Also, any decorations or containers you place in the room can only be accessed by you (unless you give others permission).

Q. Why does the governor do this? Isn't he busy? Cordially, Mortimer J. Fussbottom
    A. Dear Mr. Fussbottom, the governor is very busy but enjoys welcoming new arrivals and helping them learn about New Britannia.

Q. How long will the rooms be free and how long can I stay? Thanx, Freddy Freeloader
    A. Dear Mr. Freeloader, rooms are free of charge until the governor determines otherwise. You are welcome to stay as long as there are still vacant rooms available to other new arrivals. Once the Inn reaches full occupancy, we expect the governor to either start charging rent or placing limits on how long you can stay.

Q. Are the rooms already decorated? Sven the Viking
    A. Dear Sven, no the rooms are not decorated so that you can personalize your room as you see fit. You can buy a chest from the innkeep at the front desk and soon, other basic furniture will be available as well.

Q. Where are the privys? Respectfully, P. Daly
    A. Dear Mr. Daly, there is an outhouse right out the back door. You are also encouraged to use the self-service chamber pot removal amenity.

Q. Can I have guests or pets? X
    A. Dear X, you may have guests and pets but you are responsible for their conduct. Eating of other guests or their pets is highly discouraged and will result in eviction.

Q. Why are there crafting tables in the inn? I'm allergic to coal smoke! Anonymous
    A. Dear Anonymous, the inn is designed to help new arrivals and having a full set of crafting tables in the inn has been popular. We recommend renting an upper level room to avoid the smoke and noise.

Q. What's the difference between the Outlander Inn and the new Elven Outlander Inn? Mr. Eggbert Persnickety
    A. Dear Mr. Persnickety, the Elven Outlander Inn is far from the din and clamor of the main town near the Outlander Welcome Center southwest gate. It is intended as a quiet place to contemplate a harmonius life with nature. An extensive tree planting is planned and only elf related homes are allowed in the area. The Elven Outlander Inn has a full set of crafting tables, banker and crafting vendor on the premises for your convenience.

The staff of the Outlander Inns welcome you and your questions. Have a pleasant stay!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  2. SpoylerBG

SpoylerBG Avatar

Can i plea for a 1 privet room . I preffer secrecy aswell. Teh client is a Shady Characer named Irshall Belenaar. Thank you for your followed reply sir.

3. Astera

Astera Avatar

Looking for a small "Starter" home, please. No basement needed at the moment. I respectfully request a reasonable rent (between $20-$50 "Gold Obsidian Coins"). Thank you.

4. redfoot88

redfoot88 Avatar

Hello Innkeeper,
    I am interested in a room. I would also like to know if you can provide details on possibly renting a lot in the Welcome Center.
    Look forward to your reply
    Joliet Jake

5. cherwind

cherwind Avatar

would like room for me free if possible im new to game so just learning

6. Lily Byrd

Lily Byrd Avatar

As well, there are 2 rooms available for outlanders at the Jade Dragons Music Tea House located on the street near the river. They are always no cost and can be made private. I can furnish them if you need or want me to. The top floor room is currently furnished, and the third floor one isn't. Contact Lily Byrd in game by mail or whisper and I'll get you set up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.