Public olive branch to Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tahru, Nov 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Although I never intended to cause trouble for @Duke Ezekiel Cooper , I found myself fighting for what I thought was right based on what I knew to be true and found myself at odds with him while he was also trying to do what he believed to be the right thing. We have always had a common interest in supporting the community. Even though I was super careful to not be rude or disrespectful, I could tell he was stressed over it. I should have tried to be better in my communications, which is probably mutual. It is really tough to read minds through the wall of one's and zero's.

I value my friends as much as I value my principles.

I am not going to discuss the conflict as nothing good can come from rehashing it. I am simply hoping this message will help create a positive environment between us.

2. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

So direct message him? Why air dirty laundry on the general forum?

3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

There is no dirty laundry here. Sometimes it takes a little humility to make a point. I tried doing this privately as most of this happened privately. But I think there is too much misunderstanding to post a clear message.

I genuinely feel responsible for this impasse and I want to fix it. This in no way should be interpreted otherwise.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  4. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Nice of you to put yourself out there like that. I hope he can forgive you. I tend to go hard on folks because it's bad enough that there are people being wrong on the internet but it cuts to the quick when one of my fellow avatars commits such a transgression. It's even worse when the one being wrong on the internet is me! It happens more often than is acceptable though. Who would have thought that it takes a lot more work to mend a fence than to burn a bridge!
    <3 to both of you guys.

Tahru likes this.
  5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Thanks!

3devious likes this.
  6. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

One of the things I learned looong time ago in this world "internet" is that text communication can be misinterpreted very easily. Sometimes we need be careful with what we say and more importantly, how we say things when we don't have any visual interpretation.

Rinaldi and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  7. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

So true. One company I worked for many years ago had a headquarters on the west coast with smart engineers with no telecom experience and a satellite office on the east coast full of senior nortel telecom engineers. They were making a SIP voice over IP switch. The people on both sides had too much ego and fought over everything. In the end, the east coast guys had the ability to create the switch but the west drove the company into the ground because the executives were there listening to them exclusively. The irony is that before the end, I flew to the west and what I found is that all the lost productivity and moral on all sides was because we never faced each other and just assumed the other was incompetent. The east won because they created the switch because of shear prior experience, but in the end everyone lost because we did not know each other. The company folded even though they had a gold mine.

Text sucks.

3devious and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  8. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

This was just now brought to my attention...
    We both stood by our convictions...
    All is fair in love and war...
    Let's put it to the history books and go on with the show.

Best regards to you,
    Zeke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.