Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Public vendor full of junk and not accepting more items for sale..

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by helm, Aug 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helm

helm Avatar

"This Public Vendor can not accept more items, please try again later".

And this in the context that most of the public vendor listings are absolute junk. OK, so folks put up trash for sale, for whatever reason. I get that. OK, actually I do not get that at all, but that's not relevant in here.

I kind of understand that there has to some technical limits. I also understand that sane filtering of the items (so that the list of items to browse would be even halfway sane) might be very difficult to implement.

However, when the amount of absolute junk causes the Public Vendor to be so clogged that it doesn't accept any more items, is it really working as intended?

Just asking.

2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Commodities Only Action Broker Needed~
    Commodities are very different than items and need to be used, or auctioned off to the highest bidder within a few days time. Such commodities could be limited to large quantities only, meaning that 200 of more the commodity would be needed to set it into the Broker Auctioneer.

Or, limit the minimum sales amount of commodities on the public vendor to such 200 bulk levels.

The objective is for a more fluid economy...
    [​IMG]
    Because money isn't always in a coin... ;)

~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Tahru, Acred, helm and 1 other person like this.
  3. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

Someone had like 5 books on the public vendor with a low price strictly just to advertise her own private vendor. Since I wanted to actually use those spots I bought her advertisement and put up my goods. I noticed later she priced them higher. That's fine though... We wants to advertise she's gonna pay more fees!

NRaas, Tahru, Acred and 3 others like this.
  4. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

And the economic divide also begins. Everyone who has played UO knows how this works. My advice, be clever, very clever.:):D

5. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

It would be nice if some places had 2 public vendors. One for items priced over x and one for items priced under x. It would save time for buyers and also allow for different fee %s since the more expensive items have a higher floor.

Tahru, Acred, Time Lord and 1 other person like this.
  6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

There should be some upfront cost to place items in the public vendor after it reaches certain total number (let's say 200).

Then players can decide whether it's worthwhile to put it there or put it on different towns to spread out the market.

Tahru, Acred, Leelu and 2 others like this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

OMG That's giving me the Ultima Online flashbacks o_O
    [​IMG]
    You can't judge a book by it's cover,
    So why are we allowing sales of books on a vendor?
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    Tahru, Leelu and Lazlo like this.
  8. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Budner's ero novels ain't gonna have Amazon drone delivered it to your home (yet).

Tahru, Leelu, Budner and 1 other person like this.
  9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Thought about it, made a proposal:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...how-close-to-full-it-is-mitigates-junk.57485/

Tahru, Fister Magee, Acred and 4 others like this.
  10. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Can someone elaborate for those of us who never played UO (or any other online game for that matter)? I'm completely lost.

11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Or maybe 1 vendor for stuff, another just for crafting materials, like wood, ore, cotton, reagents etc, 1 for armor and weapons .....

Net, Ice Queen, Time Lord and 3 others like this.
  12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Working as intended sure, but being abused most definitely. With this mechanics players can put their items that sell on a vendor and then stack JUNK that wont sell there and close out vendors for other players.

Solution - None that make any sense.

1st I would just remove them and give every player a vendor they can place but then you will have a area full or vendors that you cant even walk thru. and if you restrict it to the lots they own player without houses are again screwed.

2nd set up vendors that only sell certain things - ore vendor, weapons vendor . . . . but again these will have a limit on them and players can game the system.

SOOOO in the end the simplest solution is remove them until a viable system can be worked out that does not allow gaming of the system, which is very difficult.

Port. HAS to get off their stance of allowing the systems to be gamed and stand up for players who want to play the game and not game the players. Until they take that stance it is all moot.

Net and Time Lord like this.
  13. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Add an interface for filtering what you're looking for and a search bar. Remove or increase item limit, limit number of sales each player can have up. Keep items localized though as they currently are. That's my opinion on how it should be done at least.

I personally prefer convenience over immersion or whatever though. I'd be perfectly fine with the typical MMO global auction house, but they could make it so you have to pick up the item wherever the sale originated from or pay a hefty fee to have it transferred to you in another city.

Net, Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  14. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

I've noticed a few people exploiting this, They buy out an auction with a big stack, they replace it with small stack auctions at higher per unit prices, knowing the original seller can't relist the auction.
    I suspect that some players are working togethor to keep the Public Vendor completely full of crap sales, then delisting items when their buddy is ready to list.
    You used to be able to by up cheap sales in order to list something, but now everyone has gotten wise to that as well, and the minimum listed price has gotten high enough that we can no longer afford to buy out crap auctions just to get a listing.

I think what should happen is the Closer a vendor gets to full, the smaller number of auctions an individual player can list.
    E.g. Empty public vendor player personal listing cap would be 10 items, 50% full vendor Personal Listing cap drops to 5, 90%+ full vendor personal listing cap drops to 1.

As it is right now, A big seller, with a couple of low pledge alt accounts can totally control a public vendor for as long as they are willing to sit there making sure they are the only new listings.

Acred, Time Lord, Leelu and 1 other person like this.
  15. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Perfect fix for the problem

Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  16. Gix

Gix Avatar

It's a system that throws role-playing out the window where NPCs will accept any trash item for auctioning and people using stores as advertisement space.

Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  17. Alex_Wildeagle

Alex_Wildeagle Avatar

Well the biggest problem is people over price stuff so high no one wants to buy anything. Of course some of it is the labor intensive nature of making just about anything , the other is just plain greed.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

Every tiny RPG has nowadays the possibility of global auctioneers - it improves commerce and gives players something to do. Yes I know there are arguments against ...

- roleplay: it's not roleplay to stack infinity goods for sale - but it's no roleplay when the vendor holds 350 items as well. Just a senseless border ...
    - drainage of vendor-space: it favors player vendors - but it drives away players without vendors. I don't see myself as merchant with local ambitous in a small spot ...
    - generate fees: make it more expensive to insert items in already full vendors - but that makes no sense in any way of trading. crafting is part of the game - if you can't buy or sell in a wide range crafting will die like in many other RPGs.

I have the problem with a filled public vendor as well. Give me the chance to put a certain amount of items in it or another part of this game is dead - after questing (the working quests are only a few), pvp (targeting, moving and lagg make this a gamble) or housing (no pledge - no extra money from me over adventurer-state till this game is near a ready-status). I feel more and more game-decisions move into a direction I can't appreciate. :(

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

restricting items so people cannot post junk in public vendors would help i believe

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  20. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

Maybe a partial solution... if two people list the same item the public vendor should only show the cheapest one. And that should occupy one slot. If you list too high your item will expire without being shown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.