Public vendor in starting area

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Nick, Jul 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Avatar

Unless it has been changed, I would like to have a public vendor at the starting zone. Seasoned players can sell starting guide books, apprentice can sell the crap crafted gear on the cheap to new players.

Have a simple tutorial to teach players how to use the buy and sell tabs.

Feeyo, Dhanas, Sentinel2 and 2 others like this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Good place to buy materials from them too. Of course we will have to keep it populated with buy orders that are fair rather than the ones where people try to buy pine wood for 10g.

Nick and Ataniiq like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

As long as there’s some money limit per player listing or buy order. Personally I don’t think they would see much activity, but who knows. Don’t want to see it filled with overpriced artifacts etc....

Nick likes this.
  4. Nick

Nick Avatar

Newbies will be too broke to afford artifacts. My biggest fear is some players might be putting buy orders for crowns at really low prices.

If not a public vendor, maybe a public chest? Where we can drop books, potions and other stuff for new players.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  5. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Would love to see a public vendor in Soltown, but I don't think it's necessary in the outskirts. I wouldn't worry about newbies being cheated on crown buy orders -- you don't earn crowns in starting areas, so it's unlikely a newbie will have any unless they just bought them with real money themselves. (The only crowns I've seen online were the ones I won from Twitch prizes. :) What tier do crowns start dropping at?) I'd think the bigger risk would be people enticing newbies to buy crowns at ridiculous prices.

A banker, on the other hand.... THAT is badly needed in the outskirts.

Nick likes this.
  6. Nick

Nick Avatar

Perhaps you did not consider players who were backers? Or players who bought the game long ago and decided to come back? Those accounts do come with crowns.

Anyway, my point is, some players don't make it out of the outskirts, certain things are just too confusing. I can't bring myself to stand in the outskirts all day long, but I certainly can drop/sell guides and low grade items on the cheap that may help new players.

And yeah, the banker, never did understood why there aren't there. Were there any explanation?

7. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Ah, yeah, I have barely any knowledge of backer benefits. Sorry!

8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Probably a legacy reason. I think the Outskirts were pre-global bank, so maybe they didn't want people throwing a bunch of stuff in there and getting frustrated later.

I feel like they are heading in the right direction. A few more mini-tutorials scattered along the road of the Solace Outskirts could really finish the job.

And figuring out why people can't turn in quests, just had a person I suggested relog so they could turn in the ore quest, relogged, it worked. How many people does that bug drive away? Is it a network hiccup? What causes it? That should be a top bug hunting priority.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.