Public Vendors with Globally Shared Inventory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oeneusc, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oeneusc

Oeneusc Avatar

I'm putting immersion aside for a moment. This is not an inconvenience issue where I don't want to take the time to visit other towns.

With the amount of people currently playing there are far too many empty towns and public vendors without inventory. Even the vendor at Owl's Head gets quite low at times. The Ardoris vendor was completely empty this weekend. The last time I played, right after persistence, this vendor was packed.

Would this not bring a small amount of traffic to some of these deserted towns and generally help the economy?

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

nope player run vendors are player responsibility to restock, (if they don't they don't get traffic) there is a valid reason for global regions just need to get it implemented. Any circumvention of this meaning should not be considered.

3. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

Yes - any improvement is an improvement.
    Maybe another idea: A global search-index (Librariens or whatever) who can be asked where to find something and they give you a hint where it can be found (in which player vendor). Maybe combined with a small fee as gold-sink.

Oeneusc likes this.
  4. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Id like to see New Britannia divided in 3-4 big regions , with public vendors where you are able to access goods for the whole region, like if you place some wood in soltown on public vendor you should be able to buy that wood in any town that has a public vendor in that region ( like Ardoris)...same for buy orders.

Hauk, Oeneusc, Metalocalypze and 2 others like this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I don't think this should be done in an MMO until it has already peaked and is in decline. We haven't even had the initial release population yet. Let's at least give it a chance with a decent population level first.

But that being said, at least Brittany (and any future multi-scene city) should probably have its public vendors linked. I think there are even already at least one or two towns out there with a second PV in the same scene.

Oeneusc likes this.
  6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think it would be cool to have criers randomly shout out for a few vendor name and one random item on it and its cost. one could pay him for a day, week, or monthly cost.

That way all can use it and it allows them to get name out from a common npc in the squares / docks etc. just a thought :)

Oeneusc likes this.
  7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I have no issue with individualized vendors scattered all over the world, or the need to physically travel to that place to buy merchandise.

However it would be really, really nice - even if there was a small cash sink attached to it, to pay a market broker or trader npc or scryer or whatever to search for particular goods or search for buy orders. Even if this was only regionally.

Most of us have our 'favored 'places to go get things, where we know things are a good price etc. New players coming into the game will not. Relying almost completely on word of mouth or immersion breaking methods like using the forum or discord seems more immersion breaking than having a central search index.

Hauk and Oeneusc like this.
  8. Oeneusc

Oeneusc Avatar

The buy order magic classifieds would be an exceptionally good thing.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  9. Oeneusc

Oeneusc Avatar

This is what I'd like to see happen at the very least. I can understand the "delivery wagons" not being able to travel through dangerous passes to other regions. That may satisfy some with the immersion point of view.

10. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I think the stock on public vendors should rotate, within a region... A larger region as @Elrond suggests... Instead of a "glodel" stock per region, the stock on full vendors is rotated to an empty vendor, and eventually would return to its original vendor, this way empty vendors would have stock once and awhile, and brauden the sales possibilities... This would also allow players to increase the # of items they offer for sale, as the system of vendors CAN hold a Max # of items for each vendor (and region)... All a player need do is wait for an empty slot to arrive and place more items for sale, having those items rotate out the next day or so, but still be up for sale on another vendor somewhere in that region...

I understand "why" players don't use Public vendors anymore, the Taxes/fees, Suggested retail price, and the items being sold for those extremely low prices if the timer runs out (instead of being returned, less fee)... Maybe this part of the system really needs to be revamped, before anything else is done...

11. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

I honestly really like the way we have "vendors". I run a couple and it's fun, you have to attract traffic. Plus it's good when you find a good vendor to supply your needs.

What we really need is the ability to choose male/female/elf and equip/dress them!
    My vendor needs to be holding Halberd of the Sun! :D

Elwyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.