Puncture OP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by krakenvarados, Dec 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

ignore AR- 1200 crit with x1 stack - definitely OP

2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Gonna have to agree with this one, too. Eventually you'll crit and it often 1-shots so after a really good battle one players screen just goes gray. Maybe puncture should ignore 40% armor? 50%?

krakenvarados likes this.
  3. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Instead of nerfing ranged and polearms. If they just adjusted base damage resistance in pvp, wouldn't that solve these issues? Ive heard this suggested by many players, I didn't come up with the idea. Maybe just on the huge crits? So the damage is like half of what it is now. Would that help make pvp better and reduce the power of some of these OP builds?

I honestly don't have enough experience yet to say how much it needs to be increased, or in what way exactly. But by doing something like that, it wouldn't just nerf everyone's builds in pve, I assume it would help level the playing field a bit so players aren't getting 1 shotted or killed in seconds by arrows to the back. Ive been using water lately and ice arrows seem a bit OP too with a high int so you get lots of crits. Ive even heard Chris say that pvp is using old math or something, why don't we just really try to push for an adjustment like this, instead of nerfing individual things. Thoughts?

Mhtic and Numa like this.
  4. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Would work on most attacks but not on puncture as it bypasses armor resistance.

5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I meant the base damage resistance of a player. Maybe its called something else, but i mean something that negates damage that isn't related to armor in any way. Does that not exist? What if it also took a players adventure level into the equation. So a level 120 would do a little bit less damage to a level 80 and vice versa.

6. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Maybe just introduce this, like you mentioned above. Seems like an easier fix then what I was saying. With that and an overhaul to the damage resistance math, maybe we can get some better combat.

7. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

Where is the data for that? Who did a single attack puncture? What skill level is said player, what other things do they have that factored into that attack, because at 150+ poles, and 130+ puncture, i can get punctures of that caliber, but they do not happen that often, and definitely not from a single stack, 6stack sure...

Tirrag likes this.
  8. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

400 STR + berserk stance + stacked fireflies

9. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

And this is OP? WOW.

So someone spent the time, gathered gear, raised skills, stacked another skill, and then attacked something/someone, and it is OP.

Tirrag likes this.
  10. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

Where they Toe -> Toe, or was it a backstab from behind?

11. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

And adding to this thread, the OP stated puncture is OP, but the skill itself is being used with 2 other skills and 1 higher stat of 400 str. That does not make a skill OP, its a COMBINATION of skills used together to become more powerful...

OzzyOsbourne and Crendel like this.
  12. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

oh man, really, if u dont do pvp, please, let talk who do it everyday...1200 puncture is OP.fireflies can't be dispelled. we all get buffed first, so they will ever do that crazy **** everytime. but anyway, chris told me is OP. GG
    i have 340 int but i still do 100 of fire arrow, btw

OzzyOsbourne likes this.
  13. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

So your still pointing out that FF is the issue not Puncture but sure let @Chris nerf poles some more. I only invest 500m into the tree to watch it get even weaker. Amazing that as per the usual MASS PUNISHMENT because of the few and pvp ISSUES.

OzzyOsbourne likes this.
  14. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

yeah i know, justy 80% for who do PvP in this game use polearm or bow, cause is sick OP
    i understand u want an ax to grind cause u spent too much on it, but is still OP the same. seems correct be oneshotted everytime with this crazy damage? let polearm users can get 100% xp back. btw, blade is better for PVE, use it

15. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

If this was a PVP change ONLY I could see this issue. But YOU stated PUNCTURE OP. It is not OP. It works as intended. Using other skills/tree/systems make it OP. But still it is like arguing with a child. I stopped pvping a long time ago. I can not kill a single person. I die from everyone. Does not matter what I go up against. You say pole is OP i say Fire/Life/Air OP. Does that matter hell no it does not. But you talked with @Chris, so will just wait for the next set of nerfs and eventually we can all just stand around and be 100% equal.

OzzyOsbourne likes this.
  16. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

Not a PVP person, but would it help the game if PVP mode had stats adjusted differntly than PVE?

Meaning attacks on other avatars are always calculated differntly so we can stop the debate I see in so many MMOs where PVE and PVP argue they are each causing the others stats to be nerfed

Just asking is this feasable/worth it from a programming perspective?

FBohler likes this.
  17. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

100% of pvp players know that issue, we all have minimum 1000 level on that tree, cause Is sickly OP! I don't matter what would happen in pve,because Is not this the problem! The problem Is puncture OP for pvp reason in PvP forum!

18. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

I would do it if the game was not broken. The current system does not allow for fair/balanced pvp. But you are still here trying to tell EVERYONE that the skill puncture needs changed. I just do not see it. If you DO NOT USE Berserker, and you do not use Fire Flies, does that same attack do that damage NO, NO, and MORE NO.

OzzyOsbourne likes this.
  19. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

Lets add some more data to this thread from you, are you rocking 150+ Parry, you got all your other stats up to snuff 150+ on them skills? you do not have over 1200 hp? that is a shame some of us are 2k+

Whats your Adventure level?
    What your gear looking like +12's?

Are you using a shield?

What is your build?

150+ Glancing Blows?

Or you got some high end offense skills but lack defense and going to come to this thread and back this OP skill you call?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    OzzyOsbourne likes this.
  20. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

I'll show you all in game, prepare ur pvp flag :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.