Puncture OP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by krakenvarados, Dec 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

That means nothing, your not showing/telling anything. Your on this board crying that one skill is OP. Saying come into a video game so i can show you proves nothing, other then the fact that some Pole arm user used some tactics, slapped you around, and you do not like it.

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I mean, no matter the effort towards the goal, if 1 single attack, buffed up however you want, can one shot 80% or more of the player base, It is OP.

That is something flawed with this game, a single skill can reach numbers that our HP can not (or can with a very high investment). I two shot most of my guildies with a nice build, most want to PvP me only because I am the best shot at training they can get, because 1 I have the time for them, and 2, Im not a great PvPer, so I am a stepping stone for them, but at AL 108, with an Ice Mage build, 2 shotting them is insane, and I find it stupid. If my guildmates were so even think about fighting that guy OP is mentioning, they wouldntw even have time to unsheat their weapon that they would see grey, and they would never touch pvp again, because theres no way to catch up to that, and no way to survive a hit like that unless you invest enough to get 1.3k hp or more, which means you don't have much anywhere else.

The game needs extra damage mitigation, and PvP is the one thing that would benefit the most from this (and then nerf healing in PvP to avoid endless fights).

So all in all, yes, even if the guy spend 2 years into building his character, gear and skills, if he can one shot almost the entire player base with 1 buff, 1 debuff and 1 skill, it is OP

krakenvarados likes this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

welp, I guess you're simply confirming something Ive always thought but still wanted to give a shot, this game is not for casuals anymore... glad I've gotten hooked to other games, will help me get out of this one where the elitists don't want more population, simply more power to the elites...

4. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

Wow cool, thats seems a flame post like the old UO. I like It, but i Will never fin you cause u Will never use that pvp flag. At moment im in 2/3rd position in pvp leaderboards
    I love you. Marry me

Violet Ronso likes this.
  5. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

In pvp the user is causing them self great harm by going into berserk stance. Then on top of that 5 stacks fire flies, takes quite a while mind you. then gets near the target, if he comes from behind sure he gets that nice bonus. But if he runs up smacks in face toe to toe. it is not 100% guaranteed to land the attack. It is not 100% guaranteed to kill the target, Skills, Stats, buffs, defense matter. Yes it ignores armor. Does more damage sure. But that is with the 400+ str ,stance, fire flies, and then the actual combat attack(s). All melee use FF. So it comes down to the armor ignore of the puncture.

6. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

But I also am not some top PVP person and I do not get those numbers, results, attacks, Nada.
    But I also Casually play. Not some elite 2/3 spot guy like the OP states. So Not sure if he #2/3 must be a pole user in #1 spot then that why he so mad.

7. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

Omg man, in PvP forum there are 4 my thread, u're here only cause triggered from the title, u did never answer in any my OP post, cause u're a polearm user, u don't matter nothing about PvP. What change at ur pve if u crit 1000 and not 1200? -.-

8. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

I am not here as just a pole arm user. I am here talking about this SUBJECT of puncture in PVP, And how it is not PUNCTURE that is causing the issue. More then one step, process, skill has to be used to achieve this attack you speak of. Most of the people I know/pvp with or have. By time I got the Beserker off, and stacked fire flies, and got close to you. I would be dead. They would also be dead. Most pvp matches I witness are over within 60 seconds.

9. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

So a pre casted/buffed match/fight. Sure the victim is at a disadvantage. GUESS WHAT. Take Backstab, Sneak attack to 140+ and get behind someone see if they don't die from the initial attack/second attack coming behind it.

OzzyOsbourne likes this.
  10. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

In a NO CAP, Endless progression based system, Something will always be the new/best tactic until nothing is left but point click roll dice your dead.

11. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

incredible how much you deny the evidence. I don't answer you anymore. indeed, if anyone can, close this thread please

12. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I have no idea how someone can get 1200 with puncture. I'm 140 Polearm and can squeek around 200 ish strength. Best I've ever seen has been around 600 and that's with a 5 stack.

13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I mean in the days I played polearms, at 130 polearm and 120 puncture, with Polearms and tactics specs, and Berserkers stance, I was able to pump out the occasional ~750 hit, and by occasional I mean 1 every 7 punctures or so, no fireflies.

14. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I think the main point is that rend, puncture and piercing shot can't be mitigated in any way after the death shield nerf.
    For the sake of fair balance, rend should have a chance to be applied on heavy armor and should not be 100% chance and piercing shot and puncture should have a chance to ignore the armor or ignore just part of the armor.
    You can mitigate any kind of damage in game except those 3 skills, and is obvious that no mitigation gives the perception that these skills are OPs.

I really think devs should take inspiration from real medieval combat and try to translate the rules in game, you can't apply a wound with 100% chance on a full heavy armored fighter, you can't pierce a plate armor with the tip of your spear getting a deadly injury or instant death.

Sara Dreygon and krakenvarados like this.
  15. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I did 900 on a player the other day with puncture lvl 120 no tactic or pole spec ( i was death life spec) with 200 str no firefly e no bersker. I understand the op and i repeat that there should be different behaviour of skills in pvp and pve, but seems like devs are not able to do it.

16. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I agree with the OP not because of the damage.

Puncture does a ton of things within 1 single overpowered skill. It cant be blocked by a shield, it has the highest natural crit damage multiplier by being a polearm skill, it ignores all damage resistance 100% of the time, it hits 2 targets at once, causes a bleed that stacks 3 times and is the only bleed that hurts undead, and causes a -5% heal debuff that also stacks 3 times. It not only does higher than normal crits, but debuffs your ability to heal, applies DoTs, and bypasses armor alltogether including shields.

17. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I think it is a balance. There are a lot of skills in the polearm tree. I don't use fireflies but do use berserker and still get big one-shots with my puncture spears.

If fireflies and puncture were nerfed, puncture would do less damage and less one-shots but the rest of the polearm skills that don't ignore damage would also take a hit to damage so I can't really say fireflies and berserker is the main issue.

Polearms, archery, and fire are king in PVP. Rest is far behind and I have 5x more XP in blades than polearms and archery combined... still much worse.

krakenvarados, Numa and Dhanas like this.
  18. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Okay... so read a lot of other posts and gathered that most top PVPers agree puncture OP in PVP and that it should maybe just ignore a fraction of armor to bring or more in line with blades and bludgeon.

@Chris thread can probably be closed now and there is some trollage.

19. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

if he use berseker he almost cant blink, so kite him, if you target stack smth stun him, as I remember you have 20 decks so you can solve it :D

OzzyOsbourne likes this.
  20. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

lol! i'll send u a my pvp on how i duel a melee with polearm, seems u taked me for a noob :D
    PS: blink will fizzle but engage opponent not

FBohler and OzzyOsbourne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.