1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Purchase, Transfer, and Gifting of Founder Pledges

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Hello Avatars,

During our Kickstarter campaign we got numerous requests from the community to allow the purchase of multiple pledges on a single account so that they could purchase pledges for friends and family. We added that ability and included it in the one year grace period at the end of the Kickstarter campaign (https://www.kickstarter.com/project...of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0/posts/448973). The intent of this functionality was purely for that type of social philanthropy.

Recently, we fixed a bug where the purchase of additional Founder pledges was at Benefactor pricing and this raised this issue to a more public discussion. We do realize that there is potential for abuse in that system but we cannot go back on this promise we made to our 22K+ Founders. We can and will however police any abuse of this system that we see. Specifically, if you observe individuals charging other players a fee to receive a Founder pledge please send a ticket to support@portalarium.com and we will address the situation.

We realize that this can feel like it sets up an unfair situation where those of you who are Benefactors and heavily invested would see others receive Founder status when you cannot. However, we also hope you realize that you now have a tool that lets you network with the community to upgrade your pledge to Founder status by finding a willing Founder patron. That patron can gift / transfer you a Founder pledge before the cutoff date which you can then merge with your existing Benefactor pledge to turn it into a Founder pledge.

Sincerely,
    Darkstarr

2. smack

smack Avatar

Thanks for the clarification, Starr!

Kuno Brauer and OSullivan like this.
  3. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

Yes, Thanks for the Clarification... i know that my email will be in good hands and I can just sit back and relax.... pondering fun community project and event ideas I can do come final release....

rild and Kuno Brauer like this.
  4. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

That should make quite a few people very happy. Suddenly "Founders" just became everyone's friend.

5. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

we were always everyone's friends... even before this issue came up....

RDouglas, Time Lord and Kuno Brauer like this.
  6. Stoofa

Stoofa Avatar

"We realize that this can feel like it sets up an unfair situation where those of you who are Benefactors and heavily invested would see others receive Founder status when you cannot. However, we also hope you realize that you now have a tool that lets you network with the community to upgrade your pledge to Founder status by finding a willing Founder patron. That patron can gift / transfer you a Founder pledge before the cutoff date which you can then merge with your existing Benefactor pledge to turn it into a Founder pledge."

Little confused here. If a benefactor had pledged, say for example $800. To get founder status they would need to find another founder to gift them a founder pledge to turn them into a founder?
    So would they need to find someone else to gift them an $800 dollar pledge so that they would get all of the founder rewards from $40 - $800?
    Or would a $40 gift pledge also give them all of the founder gifts up to their personal benefactor pledge level?

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  7. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Will the founders be given a referral count for helping benefactors? Do founders have to gift a pledge to a benefactor to make them into a founder? I am very interested in this and want to upgrade my existing pledge to founder...

8. Kuno Brauer

Kuno Brauer Avatar

Thanks for clarifying, Starr. As I already said privately, my apologies for overreacting.

As with Stoofa and Baldrith, I am also curious what the mechanism is for Founders to help existing Benefactors upgrade. Like, what exactly would the Founder need to do?

9. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Will existing gift pledges be adjusted? I purchased a gift pledge for my brother and it charged $45 instead of the Founder price of $40, and his account does not show as a Founder.

Additionally, the wording above might be confusing. Starr said "if you observe individuals charging other players a fee to receive a Founder pledge"; does that mean anyone gifting an Adventurer pledge and being reimbursed for the $40, or only if they ask for more than $40?

10. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

I emailed support about this already, i figured that will take care of it... I am thinking those of us who did gift could do that, ask and let them take care of it person at a time and get done....

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  11. smack

smack Avatar

I sense a sudden surge in Benefactor upgrades to get Founder status :)

3devious, OSullivan and Kuno Brauer like this.
  12. Shadow

Shadow Avatar

I may have to seek out a Founder to pledge fealty too after all.

OSullivan and Kuno Brauer like this.
  13. smack

smack Avatar

If they charge more than the value of the Founder pledge they're gifting. Of course, they might ask for optional "tips" :) Ultimately though, it is a new backer for SotA.

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  14. DarkStarr

$40 Adventurer pledge will be enough for the upgrade

15. DarkStarr

Yes please submit a ticket for the adjustment

Abuse = asking more than the pledge price

16. smack

smack Avatar

I sense a sudden surge in Updated Forum Signatures advertising their Founder status....

17. Stoofa

Stoofa Avatar

Ah OK. So a benefactor can be gifted a $40 founder pledge and it will in effect "upgrade their current benefactor pledge (at any level) to a founder pledge".
    That doesn't sound too bad for them.

18. DarkStarr

Yes gifting a pledge gives you a referral bonus. Gifting a founder pledge to a benefactor will allow them to upgrade to founder.

Corlandith and Kuno Brauer like this.
  19. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

Awesome, so my pre-emtive email was the right plan... I figured you and the rest of the team would figure out and clarify things in time and give us the honest answer... Thanks again for your hard word and your speedy honest answers.... keep it up!

Lord Baldrith and Kuno Brauer like this.
  20. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

What is the minimum pledge level for the upgrade?

I also volunteer my services if anyone needs an upgrade just send me a message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.